panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-08

Position Of Matching Points

Hi, Smooth:

Could you Pleases help me to know where should I place matching points to get this horizontally. Here is the picture. I have trying and I get no luck.

http://www.alvarezinmobiliaria.com/misaligned.htm

Regards, Sal
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-09
It's hard to tell with a blended photo because you can not see the image overlap. Can you post a link to the original images?
Vince
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-09
Sal,

There are times where you cannot find areas to place control points due to the lack of features and this is where using a "previous" used stitching template is required.

Panoweaver allows you to save your stitching parameters and apply them to any project in the future.

First though you must build a good stitching template to save. This is typically done in a room or area with lots of matching/overlapping objects. This template is to be used with the same camera/lens/panohead and position information.

A tip for stitching an area that is going to lack features or for the purpose of building a stitching template is to use "Post-It" notes of multiple colours that can be cloned out in Photoshop post processing.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-09
ok. smooth, thank you
Regards, Sal
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-10

Smooth:

Between two images, could you tell me where do they overlap, what I mean is where should I place matching points.  see, i am having some problems to stitch some images, dont know if I have to do it in a veritcal or horizontal way.

Or should I position matching points spreading along the image fisheye circle, so they can match  better....  this is the part I dont understand, what I do is to match features of the images, may be a clock, a mirror, a corner of a wall, what are the better features or sides?

Regards, Sal
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-10
Control points should have a good spread from top to bottom along the edge as shown.

Regards, Smooth