panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-11

6 Batch Edition Unusable

I still can not use 6 batch edition or 6 batch processor. The batch processor lets you set it up for 3 step brackets in the modify settings which is good. All jobs I try that I have done already with panoweaver 5 and I know work, fail in batch processor. With no explanation. One thing that bothers me is the settings of the enclosure. 99% of the time panoweaver 5 failed to nail this correctly so I always set it manually and for the same for every set of images there after until I get a new camera. There seems to be no setting for this in batch processor. How can this be set? Maybe that is why the jobs fails.

I try easypano batch edition and it has encloser settngs you can set manualy but the radius forces itself to random number and will not let you retain the setting you type in once the textbox looses focus. A bug for sure. If you could get past this  some way then there is another problem. It does not let you do 3 stop bracketed images. I have gone through the help with no resolution. I have come to rely on easypano and their 3 stop bracketed converted to HDR. This is very concerning if this is future of panoweaver. All upgrades in the past before this one have been great. What is going on with this one? Something strange has happened to my easypano 5 and the bracketed checkbox has become disabled just out of the blue. So I can not do bracketed images anymore on my 5 as of today.
I have jobs to do and can not use your new software and the existing just mysteriously broke over night. Please help.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-18
Yes the help file shows how you create an HDR with your 3 processes pano images. In version 5 you can select 12 fisheye images and it will produce 3 processed pano images from the 12 fisheyes. Making the HDR from the 3 I understand. It is the first step with the first 12 images that is missing from version 6. Do we have to create the brackets seperately now from 4 fish eyes rather than 12?
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-19
As I understand it the new system is better because now you can correct for Chromatic Aberration and such and then fuse the images ready to be stitched. This in effect will provide a superior final HDR image.

Yes, the work is up a little over PW5 but the benefit outweighs the negatives.

The workflow would be:

: In Photoshop ACR convert from RAW to TIF with careful attention on corrective processing.
: Fuse the matching brackets with PanoweaverHDR.exe
: Stitch the final image with the fused images.

It is not a perfect solution though, I understand that.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-21
Thanks, I will give it a try. The pw5 created all the 3 processed panos in one step. You could only rely on HDR to help lighten dark spots indoors. The real important out the window beach scenes still have to be done by hand with photoshop taken from one of the low under exposed bracketed panos that pw5 created for you in the one step process. I found it is much easier to cut pieces from the flated panos than trying to do it from fisheye photos. The lines are straighter in pano and you may have to cut from multiple fisheyes for one window that is split between two fisheyes. No machine can do what a human can with meticulous cutting the pieces using photoshop. That is an art form in itself. We are about 100+ or so years away in technology from that sort of artificial intelligence. I have scene pano weaver's example of the window shot that is automatically adjusted using HDR. The example is very poor. They must have low standards. My windows still come out crazy hot using HDR. I would not even consider giving to a customer some of the examples I have seen from easypano. I hope they reconsider and offer a version 5 type again in the future.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-27
Smooth, I may need to eat crow on 100 years comment I made above. I just tried out HDRsoft photomatrix software over that weekend. It does an amazing job using it's exposure fusion. It works best on shots that are more balanced like 50% bright on one side and 50% dark on the other. Kind of like the outdoor deck for a condo on the beach. With the railings those have been the hardest to correct. It helps on the other hot windows also making it easier to correct in photoshop. You can almost do a real quick approximate lasso cut now rather those surgical cuts and it looks less obvious when you are done.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-27
I have never doubted Photomatix. In fact, I have and use it on some projects. The issue I have with it is the rubbish people who don't understand produce with it and end up with "Cartoon" like images with over saturated reds etc that are absolutely nothing like reality.

If your getting results your happy with then that is great.

You can also get similar results from a multitude of other fusing programs like Tufuse, PanoweaverHDR, PTGui, Enblend/Enfuse, Essential HDR among others.

My last project using Photomatix was a night blend
http://www.smooth360.com/2009/fb_bathurst_gaol

I look forward to seeing your results.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-12
I would suggest you make a usable/repeatable stitching template and save it. Use this template (selected from a list) and apply it to your batch processing. This saved stitching template will have the enclosing circle saved as well as the lens parameters etc.

Now I don't have the "batch" version of Panoweaver so I don't know if this advice is 100% but I'm pretty sure this is how it would work with a repeatable workflow.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-12

Thanks Smooth for the fast respone. I got my old version 5 working again by uninstalling and deleting it manully from the program files folder then reinstalling it. Back to version 6 batch so I can upgrade and use this time saver some day. Can that be done with template from panoweaver 5? The batch version looks to me like easypano pro 6 from what I remember when I tried the trial version a few months ago of version 6 pro. I did not see an option to select 12 images needed for 3 stop bracketing. When you select them in 6 pro version it does not have an option in the selection window like in version 5 where you check bracketed checkbox. I went through all the options properties and can find anything.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-12
The HDR with Panoweaver is done with a separate exe file that you will find in the install directory called Panoweaver_hdr.exe (separate program)

I personally don't use the Panoweaver HDR function because you cannot correct Chromatic Aberration or Vignetting which are the two most important corrections needed with fisheye images.

I have not tried using a stitching template from version 5 in version 6 sorry. I will see if I have any left over and give it a try. Someone else may know the answer.

Regards, Smooth
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-12

In order to do HDR from 3 jpg files even if done is seperate software the software first needs to process 12 images (3 brackets times 4) to make 3 flat images. I don't even see this option in panoweaver 6. It is like bracketing is gone.

I was wondering if someone do know where this is in the software with version 6.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2009-10-13
Have you read the help file:

Get HDR Image from Bracket Exposure?

Regards, Smooth