panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-20

Removing tripod

What is the best way to remove the tripod from the 360.  I know I can cover with a logo, but I what to be able to view the actual floor.  I have seen several 360 panos where the floor space appears to be taken with a stand off tripod.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Steve 
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-20

Hi Steve,

For Sigma 8mm full circle fisheye lens

go ahead and stitch the 4 images together.  Then convert the equirectangular stitched image to 6 cube faces.  Take the 5th cube face tile [I think] into photoshop and clone or patch tool out the tripod head base.  The re-assemble the cube faces back to an equirectangular 2:1 image.

OR

Yes, you can take the camera off the tripod and take 1 nadir down shot.  On the panorama head 4th click stop remove the camera from the pan head and roughly hold the camera at the same height as it would have been while still on the panorama head.

There are some other techniques.  Maybe someone else would know more about those. 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-21

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2009-10-22

Steve:

I suggest pteditor of panotools which allows you to take actual view of the pano. And you may take out part of pano to edit in photoshop, remove the tripod and then replace old part in pteditor.

If you want to get detailed info, pls contact me.

Stitching and Tourweaver Services
vargashan@gmail.com
------------------------
www.vtoutsource.com