panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-16

Panoweaver wishlist

Hi!

My wishlist for Panoweaver updates:

- better color-blending between hemishpheres
- faster manual stitching (when changing a value it takes some time until results are shown (even on a p4 3ghz))
- larger/reziseable images for manual stitching (you are limited to the given pics, but when working on 1280x1024, I'd like to have larger image section)
- different camera models settings for (auto)stitching (I don't know if this makes sense, but I've seen it in other stitching software)
- Panoweaver should remember values
- Panoweaver should remember load/safe directories (it starts always on c:\)

Any more wishes out there?

Greetings,

Sven

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-03-16

All your points are valid.

Manual stitching is not really needed at all though, if you have your camera set up properly! I never use it at all - though I see it could be handy someday.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-16
I would like for it to be able to stitch more than three images together so that it could be used with an SLR camera with a full-frame fisheye lens. Sure, I can use Panotools and PTMac to do it for free, but they are much harder to use. I would like it to do say six around plus zenith and nadir shots.

The resolution from my Nikon 995 really just doesn't cut it anymore. I want to use a D10 with the 10.5mm DX full-frame fisheye. Or a Canon Digital Rebel with a Sigma 8mm.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-25
It's a little bit disappointing not seeing the admins/owners writing something about further updates/releases. Or did I missed anything?
cheers,
sun
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-25

Yes,   I too would like to see fisheye full frame images be stitched using PW.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-26

I have also mentioned this many times... so far not even a response... which I find somewhat dissapointing. This additional feature would make the product stand out in quite some way. Also, I'd be able to create better quality shots with my DSLR not just for web panos, but for print work as well. So guys... be good enuf to at least acknowledge our comments... after all, listening to ur customers and loyal fan base/supporters is key in any business.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-29

I really appreciate all your feedback and support to Easypano. All the wishlist info are collected and submitted to our Development Dept. We do have a plan to improve Panowever this year. Please be patient.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-03-30

Support for DSLR 1.5-1.6 lens multiplier with 8 mm Sigma Lens would be great.

I vote for this as an improvement to Panoweaver (Like 3D Vista) but I would like the nadir and zenith included.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-04-06

I think some of the features on the wish list here could well put up the price a lot, not just of the software, but the computer required to run it!

Imagine being able to stitch that many images and zenith and nadir with little involvement from the operator.....improve the stitching speed for Sven....support for all the variations of DSLR and lenses.....

No wonder PTGUI makes my head hurt....:-)

Neill W

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-04-06

Well, people, I've just tried 3DVista's Stitcher... and it seems to do everything we want. It remembers custom profiles, supports the Sigma fisheye as well as full hemisphere images made from  2, 3, or even 4 hemispheres ... also allows far easier and better manual alignment with manually inserted control points... all kinds of goodies that Panoweaver would do well to emulate.

On the minus side, Stitcher does not include the nice export modes (the java viewer or creation of QuickTime mov files) ...

So, it appears that there's no perfect program out there, but we can dream...!

Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-04-07

Hi Robert,

I have used 3D Vista and I find it quite good but I still seem to revert to Panoweaver. The Sigma 8 mm set up is only OK and fails bad on the upper and lower portions of the image. (I'm not talking about the nadir and zenith) but rather the upper and lower extremities. So really it a fail in my eyes. I agree it does have some features that Panoweaver would do well to emulate. Though the Stitcher program does not export to movie/java etc It's sister program does I believe it is called Studio or Publisher! Maybe Studio is the package of the products required? You are also right, no program yet offers all the features required. We sit in wait.

Regards, Smooth