panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-03-22

All of these cameras have merit.

All comes down to choice and the needs you have from a camera. I'm very happy with my CP4500 and most others are happy with their CP9XX

The CP4500 being the top of the range in the swivel head series. The highest you can go using the sharper FC-E8 Fisheye lens is the CP5000 (But you lose the swivel head) Again people who use this model are more than happy.

If you plan to display in a viewer applet less then 500 x 400 any camera with 3mp or more will do the job nicely! Obviously the more pixels you have to start with will always help with your final result.

My personal opinion is that the CP5700 & CP8700 although awesome cameras in their own right! Are very large when connected to the FC-E9  plus adaptor tube then FC-E9 Fisheye lens is definitely softer on the outer edges.

Good luck with your choice (really you can't go wrong) all these Nikon's are great cameras! I look forward to seeing some of your results, if you need pointers - I'm more then happy to help where I can.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-22

I agree with the 4500... I've only recently got it and am very pleased with the sharpness and results in general. My only quibble being the smaller LCD screen on the back... which can make it a tad hard to see what ur doing. But nevertheless... having seen some less the great work with the 5700/FC-E9 combo... I just couldn't rationalise the expense of the whole new rig. I'd have prob bought the 5000... but couldn't find one quickly... and as my 990 died on me the day I was off to London for a shoot... I needed a quick replacement... therefore the 4500 won the day. As I tend to set my cam to "no lens", M, infinity/mountainsymbol and then zoom in until the top and bottom of the circle reach the upper and lower edges of the screen, I get close to 2100pix in image height... which makes for nice 2000x4000 pixel panos... which in turn are great for larger CD work (hence my budding interest in QuickTime output).

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-23
can any one tell me where I can get MrotatorB from agnos.com in North America.  So far I have not been able to find it.  I use CP5700 and FC-E9 but I need a pano head.  Unless of course anyone can think of a better one but not more expansive one.
We all are a minority of one, if you are not, you are common.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-03-23

You simply order the product from Agnos.com in Italy.

It doesn't take that long to arrive. Value for money vs quality the MrotatorB wins hands down for your camera & lens combination. Another alternative is Kaidan, but it will cost you more!

Both are very good.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-24
thanks for the quick reply, now if I can only find what looks like the English part of the site to order this from agnos that would be great.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-03-24

Errr, that is a problem as there is no English part! lol

You will do better to email Agnos direct, he will sort you out! His English is sort of OK! Enough to get you sorted.

Good luck and let us know how you get on and post some results for us to take a "Bo Peep" at.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-03-24
well, the email is off, now time to break the bank to get the cash out.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-04-20

I am looking for a hardware setup to produce executable fullscreen tours to put on a cdrom. Is the CP8700/FC-E9 combination up to this?  I would rather avoid the expense of an SLR if possible

Thanks ... Fizz

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
Those who understand binary and those who don't
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-04-20
Your set up is more than adequete but now you need to consider good software that will let you do this.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-04-20

I was reading about the 8700 and saw where the it has a swivel LCD instead of a swivel head.  As with the 5000 you probably will need an adapter ring UR-9 or 12 not sure which one. 

THEN you have to watch out for the type of panorama head you use.. with the lens adapter and adapter  ring, that will put the camera's tripod screw hole farther back on the panorama head.  

Meaning the FC-E8/9 fisheye lens nodal point is still in the same position over the tripod rotation point... the lens ring and fisheye lens is pushed farther to the back end of the pan head.

Just a thought.

Dave

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com