panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-24

My second Tourweaver tour

Hi,

so heres the second tour I've made with my very own customised skin. Took all of six hours... considering the fact that I bulit a skin from scratch and have had the software since yesterday... Please have a look and let me know if u have any loading issues. Please let me know what Platform, browser, CPU... ur using and the results of the tour.

Link

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-24

no prob here.

win xp, ie 6.0, cpu pention 2 333 mhz

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-24

Yes this is a great presentation.  Although the 4 corner handle design seems to clutter the view. Might be a cleaner design with out them.  But then that is just me thinking out loud.

I might add:  great imaging too

Dave 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-24

It is great.I guess adding the radar scanning effect (compass) will make it even greater.

To see is to believe
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-24

Hi!

well done. the leftmost button tooltip comes up empty. the textbox looks a bit displaced.

your logo (loading) is confusing and I cant figure out how to read during that short while.

xp pro, pentium m notebook, 1600, 1gb -- smooth scrolling !

cu

Sven

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-06-24

Hi Rob,

Mate, for me it runs just as bad as the last version on this computer.

• Windows XP
  • I.E 6.0
  • Sun Java
  • PIII 1000
  • 512MB Ram

I do not have this issue with the smaller tours (they all run sweet!), but once they are as big as yours the whole thing turns to !&#$ and things go very, very slow!

I will try a different computer as soon as I unpack them

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-06-24

Hmmm, I just switched back to Microsoft JVM and it all ran smoothly.

Is this the issue? Or did it run better because it was already cached? 

Also noted that Area 3 is a bit strange your in area 3 and the next hotspot is area 3 and when you click on it you and up in the same position?

Nice imaging and it is looking great.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

Thanks guys,

the corner images are the logo of the company. I was just curious to see how it'd come across and also wanted to get away from the satndar square viewer.

I've been experimenting more with sharpness and have done a double sharpning technique as I feel that the images are otherwise just to soft. First I sharpened outlines and then applied unsharp mask at around 80%. This makes the images quite hard when just looking at the foto, but when in the viewer I get a stronger line that overrides the general softness. Each pano is 700x1500 with approx 180-200kb, the viewer size is 430x368 which is not quite what I wanted. I was wanting to go 350x300 but I've descovered that Tourweaver will strech the viewer size to the size of the mask. therefore one should build a mask in two stages. Part of it on the underlieing skin image and the say 10 pixel mask to go over the viewer, thus creating a smaller viewer size. This is also the most likly reason why Smooth is seeing judder... ie once a certain viewer size is genrated java starts to have difficulties driving the image smoothly over the hardware. Smaller viewer size... less CPU work. I dare say that the majority of  non-pro PC users will have low end PC/software/ bandwidth... hhmmm. I'll post a smaller viewer size version at a later time.

I'll change my Logo-loading for easier reading. Have yet to work out how to make the movie (time) and will add a compass later. Also I'll add even more fotos, url's and have another fiddle with the design.

Smooth/Seaman is it possibly an issue over Sun Java/Microsoft JVM

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

Hi guys, here's the 2nd Tour with map now and some more photos.

Let me know if this works just as well with map.

Rob

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

works well with the radar scanning effect.

win xp, ie 6.0, cpu pention 2 333 mhz

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

Hi Rob,

The tour looks very good.  The images are crisp and sharp.

Thanks for sharing your your sharpening method.  I'll give it a shot.

BTW, do you have a new default path for your tour.  There is a slight shift on the intro still image.  I've noticed that happening on my stills and couldn't figure out why until I created a new path and made it the default.  Just a thought.

r,
eagle