panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

MrotatorBP vs. Kaidan head?

Hi all

I have a Nikon 8700 and a FCE9fisheye.  I'm considering purchasing either an Agnos MrotatorBP head or a Kaidan QuickPan III Twin Axis bracket with SS rotator.  Could anyone offer support for one over another?

I'm new to VR work but I have to say I'm attracted to the Agnos head as it seems to be so much more compact.

Thanks in advance

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

Hi Steiner,

Is it possible for you to sent me a set of images taken from your camera with the e-9 lens? my email is yowsiang@hemadeus.com i am considering to upgrade my camera system but not sure how much difference it will make from coolpix 5000 to 8700.

many thanks

yowsiang

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

Hi steiner,

I own a Kaidan Twin Axis Bracket/Panohead and it is a quality product. It is also very heavy. I also went for the Stainless Steel Rotator. I have not ever had my hands on the MrotatorBP but can tell you the MrotatorA and MrotatorQ I have in my possession are both of high quality also.

It a decision you will need to make yourself, but with the confidence that both are quality products.

I hope this helps somewhat!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

Hi Yowsiang

I'd be happy to send you images but I've not got the VR head as yet so I've not created any panos. Are you just seeking a singular fisheye image?

Cheers

Steiner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on June-25-2004

Hi steiner,

I own a Kaidan Twin Axis Bracket/Panohead and it is a quality product. It is also very heavy. I also went for the Stainless Steel Rotator. I have not ever had my hands on the MrotatorBP but can tell you the MrotatorA and MrotatorQ I have in my possession are both of high quality also.

It a decision you will need to make yourself, but with the confidence that both are quality products.

I hope this helps somewhat!

Regards, Smooth

It does thanks.  Could you tell me if  either of your products are better at keeping the tripod legs out of the final image? 

Cheers

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-25

Hi Steiner,

Yes, if you could send me a singular image it would be really greatly appreciated. I just need to see if the image clarity and resolution has alot of difference with my current system.

Thanks again

Yow Siang

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-06-27
Quote: Originally posted by steiner on June-25-2004

It does thanks.  Could you tell me if  either of your products are better at keeping the tripod legs out of the final image? 

Cheers

Mate, check this thread to see what you get as for tripod in your images by either of these panoheads. Pretty much the same and quite easy to clone out with experience.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-27
Either one works fine. But Agnos is a little bit cheaper.
To see is to believe
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-28
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on June-27-2004

Mate, check this thread to see what you get as for tripod in your images by either of these panoheads. Pretty much the same and quite easy to clone out with experience.

Regards, Smooth

Thanks Smooth - that's a great help!

Cheers - Steiner