panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-28

My first VR - feedback appreciated

Hi all

This is my very first VR - taken in 'sunny' England.  The stiching seems to have come out OK but it's probably not perfect.  Also, the overall image is less sharp than I'd like it to be (despite having used 3 fisheye images saved at a fairly high res).

Can anybody offer advice as to what could be done to improve my future panos?

Many thanks - Steiner

http://www.nores.org.uk/misc/front2.jpg

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-29

whats your workflow ? which software are you using?

look for more interesting VR topics ;-) *joking*

Sven

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-06-29

Hi Steiner,

Looks not too bad, minor stitching errors only! although hard to tell with that floor and sky. Here is a double up of your panorama, the first version I cleaned up a little and sharpened as well as brighten and coloured the sky a little more. The second is your original. Both resized to 1400x700 and compressed at 60% with Photoshop.

Thanks for sharing your work and I hope this helps you a little.

Regards, Smooth

P.S: Top Image is protected with PTCrypt and the page is protected with HTMLProtector I'm happy to send you the modified panorama if you want it! Just email me.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-29
Quote: Originally posted by PANO4YOU on June-29-2004

whats your workflow ? which software are you using?

look for more interesting VR topics ;-) *joking*

Sven

Hi Sven

Re. workflow, if I understand your query, I'd used a Nikon 8700 and had only used PanoWeaver software.  I have Photoshop so I could have done some image tweeking in that as well - but I wanted to see what PanoWeaver alone was capable of.

Re. the subject matter - I totally agree, there's nothing interesting about my parking court - or about Milton Keynes in general for that matter! 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-29
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on June-29-2004

Hi Steiner,

Looks not too bad, minor stitching errors only! although hard to tell with that floor and sky. Here is a double up of your panorama, the first version I cleaned up a little and sharpened as well as brighten and coloured the sky a little more. The second is your original. Both resized to 1400x700 and compressed at 60% with Photoshop.

Thanks for sharing your work and I hope this helps you a little.

Regards, Smooth

P.S: Top Image is protected with PTCrypt and the page is protected with HTMLProtector I'm happy to send you the modified panorama if you want it! Just email me.

Hi Smooth

Many thanks for your efforts buddy - I feel silly for not having carried out the same adjustments myself in Photoshop.  I've noticed that PanoWeaver allows you to save files as Photoshop documents - is there any benefit in working with this file type over say a saved BMP document?

Re. your adjusted image, yes thanks, I'll email you shortly.

Cheers - Steiner

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-06-29

Steiner,

The major benefit is that the image would be in layers in .psd format.

Great for those who would like to make image adjustments and modifications. I really don't use it as .bmp and my set way of doing things seems to be giving the results I desire.

As requested I have forwarded your image via email.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-29

Oi Smoothie...

I like ur new collection of turtorials... I was gonna stick some gummi bears into ur donation box.... but they wouldn't fit, so I had to eat them myself. hehehe

Steiner,

ur right about Milton Keynes ;-)

PS look at my new topic and a brief tutorial on taking pano images.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-06-29

OK Pheonix thanks, I'll have a look. 

For the record, I'm actually from Brooklyn. I took a wrong turn many years ago and ended up here. 

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-06-29
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixrising on June-29-2004

Oi Smoothie...

I like ur new collection of turtorials... I was gonna stick some gummi bears into ur donation box.... but they wouldn't fit, so I had to eat them myself. hehehe

It was the thought that's counts! Or at least that's what Mum always told me when I got the worst gift on my birthday. You know from that sucky person you wish you never invited  At least I got the warm fuzzy feeling of at least knowing you looked at the tut.

Hahahahaha, Smooth