panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-04

Strong Algorithm stitch - nada happening

1. Anyone experience a difference between Stitch and Strong Algorithm from the Panorama menu? When I click "Strong Algorithm" from the menu in PW 8.20 nothing happens aside from a small windows that briefly appears disappears.

2. When I use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+F5 abolutely nothing happens.

The help file states "Tip: It is suggested stitching with Strong Algorithm when matching points are not enough during default stitching."

Thanks!

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-11-07

You can only initiate either stitch algorithm when you load the images (fresh).

If you have stitched once and attempt to change the stitch algorithm and restitch it fails.

You need to import the images again and start from fresh.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2012-11-12

Thanks for explaining. Have you experienced any difference? I wasnt able to find a difference yet.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2012-11-12

The differences are simply different algorithms used.

Either require for the (NPP) No Parallax Position to be as close to accurate as possible.

When you have a scene where a stitch fails even though the NPP is correct you should then try the other algorithm. Times this may happen is when there is repeating patterns or objects that confuse the stitcher. More often than not the standard algorithm is the one to use.

It is entirely possible using both algorithms on a set of images will yield the same result.

Note: Using one over the other is NOT a substitute for incorrect NPP set up.

Regards, Smooth