panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-08-28

Avoid XP Service Pack 2!!

Hi all

Nothing at all to do with EasyPano products but as many of you may be WIndows XP users, I would strongly suggest staying well clear of this latest update - that is at least untill Microsoft sorts out the maze of bugs in it.  There is a high percentage of users out there (including myself) that are very unhappy to have installed this bloody thing.

Luckily, I had a recent Ghost image to fall back to.

Cheers - Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Hi Smooth.

I think I phrased the question wrong. The windows message box appears when using the <a title="javascript:window.close();">close this window</a>  or the <a title="javascript:parent.self.close();">close</a>

I havn't tried the onblur suggestion yet still learning the basic

Thanks agian

mediaPix

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8mm, Agnos MrotatorTShort, Photoshop CS, Panoweaver 3 & 4
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

You will only get the windows message box if you are trying to close a parent page. You shouldn't be trying to kill a parent page only a "sized window" from a parent page. You can pop windows from "sized windows" etc without this happening but not a parent window.

Clear as mud?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on September-01-2004

I would take a guess and say that the page with the "onblur" code will close only after a new window is opened from a hyperlink from that page containing the "onblur" code. Once the new window is "focus" the "onblur" window would close?

Haven't tested it but sound correct.

Regards, Smooth

Dude - test away.  I'm lost! 

Cheers - Steiner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Quote: Originally posted by marktold on September-01-2004

Here comes another tip. Unfortunatelly not followed by the

webdesigner of the page you mentioned above. (I like the panos though :-)

Change your <body> tag of the pop-up window to

<body onblur="window.close()">

Mark, I've tried putting the following in the Body tag of the 'parent' window - no joy.  All pop-ups remain visible. 

<body onblur="window.close()" bgcolor="#333333" text="#CCCCCC" link="#66FFFF" vlink="#009999" alink="#0099CC" leftmargin="0" topmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" onLoad="MM_preloadImages('images/piazzachavmini2.jpg','images/churchmini2.jpg','images/duomo2mini2.jpg','images/duomo1mini2.jpg','images/lucca_mini2.jpg','images/bridgemini2.jpg','panos/interface_over.jpg')">

As stated before - I tried putting this code in the pop-up pages themselves but they close down as soon as they load.  I'm not a programmer - but I'll see if I can find code that does what you're suggesting.

Cheers - Steiner

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Here is a little sample.

Parent page here from this page you would launch your "panorama sized windows"

You can click on a hyperlink to launch a panorama "sized Window" multiple links easy done (just normal hyperlinks!)

It is these pages "sized windows" that pop (or any subsequent windows) launched from this parent window that has the <body onblur="window.close()"> inserted.

Each time you go back to the parent and pop from a new hyperlink the old/already viewed/first viewed sized window will close (because it is not the focus anymore) and the newly clicked sized window takes over.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

I had a similar issue having to open an intermediate page... then the popup window and I kept getting "Do you really want to close this window" notice.  Markus in Zurich helped me figure out the process.

I understand that this scenario is not exactly the same as being discussed.

Parent page: http://360texas.com/malls/tem/upper.htm

I had to use an Intermediate page to call the popup. It automatically is called and closed thereby providing a work around.

In the popup page I used this script to close the intermediate page:

<script language="JavaScript">
<!--
opener.opener=opener;
opener.close()
//-->
</script>

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Yes it's really odd - my popups close immediately after load using the blur code - and yet it seems to work perfectly well with Smooths' sample. 

I've put a sample of my popup with the blur code here.  Can anyone spot the prob (doing a 'view source')? 

Cheers

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-02

Tony,

That won't work because the "link" from this page to yours do not have a "focus" value anywhere. Test it from this page I just made to launch your page.

You will note that my links are generated in Javascript and contain the "focus ()" value.

Links generated are by this software

I'm sure this will help.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-02

Thanks Smooth - I'll have a look at this as soon as  I grab a full glass of Rioja.  My heads hurting at this point. 

Cheers - Steiner

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-02
Geez - the plot thickens.  I've just noticed that in all the title bars of my pop-ups (following SP2) the title I'd input is preceeded by the url - despite the fact that I've not requested that!  The title is now pushed out of the window in the case of small popup windows.  What gives?