panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Hi Goody

Point taken, nobody should turn a permanent blind eye to this update.  As far as I'm concerned, it's simply a matter of waiting (hopefully not for too much longer) for Microsoft to issue a Service Pack 2.1.  There's plenty of majors out there who are refusing to use this update for the very reason that it's simply too buggy at present. 

I believe MS is gathering tons of feedback and will act upon it in due course.  That probably means a few months time I'd imagine.

Cheers - Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-16

interesting.

Regards, Smooth  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01
Quote: Originally posted by marktold on September-01-2004

Change your <body> tag of the pop-up window to

<body onblur="window.close()">

Hi Mark

I'm not sure I follow this.  I've tried testing this but the window closes upon opening.

I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly so could you please cut and paste a sample of the full page code? 

Thanks - Steiner

Condottiero - Freelance Multimedia Design
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

Thanks again Guys

I'm not sure of  the onblur either, I will atempt this at a later stage for now I will stick to the basics.

I have tried this and works fine, but is it normal to get a windows message box asking me if I want to close the window or is it something I should change in my IE settings.

mediapix

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8mm, Agnos MrotatorTShort, Photoshop CS, Panoweaver 3 & 4
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-01

I would take a guess and say that the page with the "onblur" code will close only after a new window is opened from a hyperlink from that page containing the "onblur" code. Once the new window is "focus" the "onblur" window would close?

Haven't tested it but sound correct.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2004-09-04

Did you lot give up?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-23

Hi Dave,

what code are u useing for window resize?? Also, if java is not allowed, will this effect the apllet... (yeah and I know that java script and Java are two cups of tea... tea.... hahahaha)

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-23

I installed XP SP2. I did not install their firewall though (or deactivated, don't
remember) Only major problem I have found is by default IE now blocks any
scripts from running. Not a big deal on my end, since I just changed my settings
to allow script to run. But I see this being a problem for my customers who have
upgraded. The warnings it gives would lead anyone into believing that if they
allow the scripts to run it will destroy their computer. They could have just
addressed this as a word of caution letting people know (under circumstance)
that it's probably ok to allow the script to run. It is getting harder and harder to
construct an interactive web site. With all the technology out there it seems we
are heading in a direction that only plain text only pages will function:-(

On the same note of too much security, many ISPs are now blocking any and all
auto generated e-mails. This includes invoices and order confirmation after
placing an order on line. They should be putting efforts into educating
users instead of hurting legitimate business by trying to take full control.

Just my input on this subject

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-14

I am looking for others who have installed XP SP2.  In another forum Mike at Sitetraffice provided this comment.

----------------
I noticed there is new pop up blocker added to IE that defaults to block all java script, which sucks since most of our stuff uses it. The average user will probably see a blocked script as something bad and pass it up. We've opted to use different window resize code as a result.

On the one box on our network that has been upgraded, the Java RE stopped working and had to be re-installed.

------------------------------------------

Any forum members have similar experiences??

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-09-14

I nervously installed XP SP2 a while ago and haven't found any real problems ...yet? Decided that I may as well bite the bullet as it seemed pointless prolonging it. Seems to have even improved some things and it does give you a bit more peace of mind (false perhaps).

Java and Active X  content and Pop-ups are blocked by default, but you do get a clear warning and the option to allow the content. The warning box contains a phrase along the lines 'This active content may be useful but may harm your computer" They've added a Pop-up blocker control in IE tools to make pop-up switching on/off simple.

Compared to Microsofts decision to exclude a JVM with XP I don't think it's a disaster.