panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-04

iPIX vs Panoweaver

Hello,

My current setup: D70+FC-E9+Agnos MrotatorB.

Cost for Panoweaver Pro: $299.95

Cost for iPIX Studio Enhancer Pack(Annual Renewal): $1,799 / ($999) 

iPIX has released a RealViz plugin that allows for stitching a 4 and 5 shot hemis. The initial cost is $399 with an annual renewal cost of $249. I have tried their demo and the results were great.
(http://infomedia.ipix.com/products/hardware/realviz/index.shtml)

If I were to go with only 3 hemis then the Panoweaver optional would be more economical. However, if I wanted to go with 4 and 5 hemis then I would end up using the iPIX solution which would cost me $2198 with a running yearly cost of $1248.

Please let me know if my reasoning is sound or not.

Thank you.

kazesoze.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-04

First, You got to determine if your going to use 3 hemis  or if you're going to be doing 4-5.

Second, you need to determine if $2198 is within your budget and if your going to be able to recuperate that money with sales.

If your getting good results with panoweaver and 3 hemis, then maybe you can start out with this set up that is more economical. Once you start increasing your sales and have additional income for the ipox software, then perhaps you can go that route.

Are you doing this as a hobbie or for profit? What is your target market?

btw, there's a couple of threads discussing these issues with ipox and their pricing.  search for "ipox".

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-04

thank you for the reply.

I will be doing this for profit. Hence, I am looking for higher quality. I recommend that you download the iPIX studio and download the sample images and try it out. There is a great difference in quality between the 3 hemis and the 4-5 hemis.

I guess the main question would be, what is the normal rate for a 360 image.

Thank you.

kazesoze.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-04
If I were you i'd wait a bit... there appears to be a new version of Panoweaver that will use more images and may be able to use images from various new camera/lens combinations: see http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=804&PagePosition=2

Robert Jeantet
www.sav.org
www.alpage.net
www.spherivue.com
www.webalpa.net/spheres
etc...
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-05

Dear Jeantet,

I had a look at the thred that you pointed out and dug around easypano's website but I couldn't figure out when will it be out.

Thank you.

kazesoze.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-05

Hi Kazesoze,

Did you hear about Panoweaver 4.0? It's said that it will work with 4 to 6 hemis and will be release in the first quarter of 2005. So I think if your demands is not very urgent, that would be a good choice. How about starting with Panoweaver 3.0 and then upgrade it into 4.0 in 3 months?

Hope it helps.

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-05

Dear Neo,

Do you have the link to the list of features that will be available in version 4.0?

Thank you,

kazesoze.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-08

Dear Kazesoze,

A little bird told me that but I didn't see a link, either.

I guess you could try support@easypano.com to get some hint.

Sorry can't help more.

TO BE, OR NOT TO BE. IS IT THE QUESTION?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-08

We have downloaded Ipix demo version and tested it ourselves.

The most important advantages of Panoweaver 4.0 compared to Ipix include:

1)Panoweaver 4.0 takes less time than the software of Ipix to stitch  fisheye images.
For example, on a Pentium III computer, Ipix software takes about half an hour to stitch a set of
4 fisheye images. I started the stitching in IPIX before going for lunch.  When I came back after 20 min,  ipix only reached 80% percent and
was still working on the image.  While with Panoweaver 4.0, it  takes only two or three minutes.

2)According to our test, Ipix produces an unsatisfactory panorama after taking a long time stitching process.
While Panoweaver process a fully auto stitching with high precision.
There is no mismatch. With Panoweaver 4.0 you can get a nearly perfect stitching
result than Ipix software.

3)Panoweaver 4.0 can stitch 4+celing/floor and 6+ceiling/floor fisheye images. You only need to shoot two fisheye image up and down. Panoweaver will produce a pano with seamless sky and floor.

One thing I can assure you is that your waiting for Panoweaver 4.0 will be worthwhile. It will be presented to you for evaluation in March, 2005. By then you'll know I am not overstating our products. :)

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-08

Howdy Jane,

What  is the cost of 4.0?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2004-11-10

Dear Jane,

Thank you for the reply. What would you recommend that I use in the meantime, until version 4.0 comes out?

and as VT360 asked, how much will it be?

Thank you,

kazesoze