panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-09
For the life of me I cannot understand why they would give away software that they state costs $99 on their products page. If I bought Panoweaver Standard for $99US, then saw this thread containing what appears to be a legit FREE copy, I'd be absolutely spewin!! That is unless it's a link we were never ment to see!!

What is the GO here Easypano people??
Cheers
Ian
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-09
Hi

Interesting following this thread. The link to the registration page DOES work. I've just done it. Got the email with the registration & serial numbers. I originally got my copy off a camera magazine here in the UK and the registration codes look similar to the ones given to me at that time.

Regards
Graeme
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-02-09

Hmm,

Seems this is a true offer for some magazine subscribers.

It is possible because the end of Panoweaver 3.01 is very near and this will entice people to get on-board.

Ian, I do agree for those who parted with $100 USD it is a little hard to swallow (myself included) I do believe though it was never to be posted on the web and was only for those buying the magazine.

It is a HUGE public holiday in China so don't expect a reply from Easypano staff until the celebration of the Year of the Chicken/Hen is over.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-09
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on February-09-2005

Hmm,

Seems this is a true offer for some magazine subscribers.

Its like trying to make someone a drug addict. First time is free, second one must be paid for, but not too much. and then... gonna get ripped off.
First, I get the software, I experiments.
Ok, I like it. But darn, my camera take at least three shots not two. Oh here you go, I can upgrade and get a 100 bucks discount. thats great.

hmmm, Now I can make panoramas. But it would look really great if I managed to link them together (like hotspots and stuff). Now you get slammed with a 500 bucks tag price.

and it will goes on and on like this for every piece you need to build a complete tour.

hey I'm not saying their products aint great, but I dont know, if you add all the things up it will eventually become in the same price range as iPIX Interactive Studio.

By the way... what is PTViewer Scripter? We can do hot spots with that? I thought we need tourweaver for links!

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-02-09

You do not need to buy Tourweaver to add "Hotspots" top your panorama. PTViewer Scripter can do this and the price is only $49.95.

PTViewer is "Freeware" and many things can be done with it for free.

It has to said though you do not get to use the tourweaver.jar with Panoweaver 3.01 this requires Tourweaver allowing nice effects like fade in etc.

You cannot compare Ip*x with what easypano has done for the VT industry! One has made it possible for the masses the other has done it's best only to become rich.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-09
yes I realize that. And I chose writing two or three lines in a text editor instead of paying 50 bucks and see my computer resources burn in hell as that slow script eat them.

I would get the tourweaver though... but not for 400 bucks.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-10
the standard has limitations. look at the difference between the pro and standard and you'll see.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-10
With the economy in time I get with the features and ease of use in tour development, the cost is well worth it. And every time I create a tour, the cost of ownership goes down significantly.

If you are interested in TW as a hobby, then perhaps the outlay is indeed not worth it. But if your work requires tour development often, then it or any comparable product is a must.

Time is money. If the tool allows you to do your job effectively and efficiently, then it is a must have.

r,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-10

Hi there Smooth... I see u've progressed to moderator... well impressed me old buddy.

Freebies... well so what... it's Easypano's business and there choise if they want to do what they want to do with there product. If they want money or not is there thing. At the end of the day they've made some good software that works and that's being improved. Without there product there'd be many less players in the market. Less players = less users = less punters for us. Nothing is free in this world apart from this forum that is.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-02-11
congrats mr. moderator!