panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-30

Would have to say i agree with both smooth and phoenixrising to go totally down the active x route not good..... now i may be wrong but i thought once upon a time easypano said they were going to be able to use windows media player?

had a look back in the forums but nearest thimg i could find, was a thread from jane mentioning   mpg

"The new version of Tourweaver will publish virtual tours as html, exe, vt, ppt and mpg, you don't have have to install a jvm to view the virtual tours any more.The new version is expected to be released in October,2005."

http://www.easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=844&SearchPagePosition=1&search=jane&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Author&forum=6&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-04-30

Below you find an e-mail I received from Easypano. And they state that TW2.0 no longer supports Java!!!!!!!!!!!!!

disjo

==================================

Thank you very much for your suggestion. We have taken this into
consideration.And Tourweaver 2.0 will no longer use Java, but use our
own Activex which can support Firefox.

Thanks again and if there is any other question, please contact with
us.

--
Best regards,
Anne                          
support@easypano.com

Saturday, April 30, 2005, 12:26:28 AM, you wrote:

Please use both ActiveX and Java in Tourweaver 2.0.
I'm using FireFox and FireFox isn't able to load ActiveX-components.
Since FireFox spreads itself very quickly on the internet, you're ruling out a
large number of potential customers with ActiveX.

So please let us, your customers, decide what kind of tour we make, Java or
ActiveX (or maybe both?) and put both options in TW2.0.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-04-30

I would need to see this working on all browsers before I would be convinced.

Highly unlikely I will support it (ActiveX) unless I see some HUGE improvements.

Open minded but need convincing!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-05-02

Interesting mail you got there disjo...

it also supports the feeling I had o

reading the way Easypano had set up the poll. HHmm. Well if it's decided... then why have a poll???

Smooth: Which version of Java is not supporting TW??? I know it's been mentioned here a few times but I thought that we'd all solved the issues:

The easypano support says:

It seems that JRE 1.5.0_02 will not allow spaces in file names from the web. Although it will locally. Note, that Frontpage etc. fills in any spaces with %20%20 etc and earlier versions of Windows and Java accept these address.

This has never been a problem before since it appears that only JRE 1.5.0 doesn't allow this. For example, "Easypano Test" will work on all other O/S and Java versions.

However when we introduce JRE 1.5.0, file names seem to have to be asypanotest" the %20 signs stop the viewer from working. So please rename the files and make sure there is no space in the file names.

If you still have difficulty viewing the virtual tour, would you please send me the URL link of your virtual tour? We will have a further test.

So... what is it now?? We've tested TW over a number of browers and Java versions with success...

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-05-02

Rob,

I have one computer here with JRE 1.5.0_02 and it will NOT play any TWViewer files produced with Panoweaver 4.0 with or without spaces in the files names.

Now I wonder if this is because I still have older versions of Sun Java installed as well? It is a pain in the backside because we don't know what the client/customer/casual viewer has installed!

Simply the product needs to be backward compatible.

Regards, Smooth