panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-10-28

Want to link to QT from Tour...???

Hi guys,

so... I spent the night redesigning some work and wanted to craete a TW with an a couple of QT full screen images which I'd like started from a pano. I tried to add a url hotspot... fiddled around with various permutations of url link... but, as I want the image to be taken out of a local directory for a CD presentation, I've had no luck so far. Anyone got an idea that may help??

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-10-31

Thanks Smooth - your suggestion works fine!!!!!!!

Alan

aj
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-10-31

No worries Alan,

I knew it would!

Also a very useful tip when using Desktop Author

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-01

Hi

Thanks for this amazing tip. Does this tip also work if you want to link to other files?? E.g a .exe file or an other tour??

By the way. Why do you have to make a folder  with that name?? It seems od to me, but then again I am no techie.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-11-01

Hi Morten,

Any file you wish to include on the CD should be placed within this "fscommand" folder. These can be any file extension you like .exe, .zip, .doc etc. You then link (Hyperlink) to these files.

You have to make a folder called fscommand yes! The fscommand folder must then be placed in the root directory on your CD.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-01

Smooth... that was perfect!!! Thanks buddy ;-)

I've now added a link to a qt full screen in the tour and within the map function. also i've added a pdf  link and embedded all files in the fscommand folder.

just sweet.

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-14

Hi Smooth

Sorry for the late reply but I have been home sick for the last couple of days.

I really appreciate your help, but I still can't get it to work probably. Wouldyou mind walking me through it once again??

I have started all over. I created a folde on my desktop called CD. Here I made a virtual tour using Tourweaver. I then saved the tw file and publishd the tour in the folder called CD. The I open the tourweaver file again to insert a pdf file and a full screen QT. To make it easier, I burned a cd whit a folder called fscommand. In this folder I put the two files. The pdf file and the quicktime movie file and html file. I than made a URL hotspot in the panorama. To select the QT html file I clicked on the file with my right mouse botton to get the right location. It is D:\fscommand\BADqtvr.html (by the way I tried to go right click the BADqtvr.html file and go in to "properties" to copy the path of the file, but I was not able to get the whole path. Only the D:\fscommand and then I had to write the last part "\BADqtvr.html" in easypano)

I then made sure that the "href" in easypano is D:\fscommand\BADqtvr.html. I then saved the project and published it once again. Then I burned the tour on to the cd, so it now contains 2 folders. 1 called fscommand and 1 called Allehelgensgade where the tour is. But the link still doesn't work.

I am sorry but I can't make a screen shot. Nothing happens when I press my "print screen" button on the keybord.

I really hope you can help me once again.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-11-14

The path is fscommand/BADqtvr.html in your URL hotspot it cannot contain D:\ as the recipient may place the CD in a drive not called D: but something else.

As the fscommand folder is in the root directory it doesn't require a path. It's name is enough.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-14

This thread has to be one of the most interesting yet. Can I take it that actual movie .mov files (as opposed to QTVR panos) can now, with a bit of smooth and ruddersUk led twinkering now be added to easypano ?

I might definitely have to give up on Director now!

Guys on a wee side note I looked to see what was happenign on the forum yesterday and my aol said it was down (or something). I was gutted !  I would like to say a big thank you to all the people that make this such an informative place. My first educational virtual tour CD should be out soon in Edinburgh - would either smooth or ruddersuk mind if I give them (company names I know) a mention in the credits? I feel it is only fair.

Cheers all

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-11-14

I personally have no problems with that.

The QTVR (Quick Time Virtual Reality) are .mov files this is the output extension that is given to Quicktime movies. Now you cannot actually get a Quicktime movie to play within the Tourweaver skin/applet you can link to a Quicktime movie or any document from within the skin/panorama/applet. The sample Phoenixrising has shown on this thread is a good example of doing this.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-11-14
Quote: Originally posted by Wide-Eyes on November-14-2005
I am sorry but I can't make a screen shot. Nothing happens when I press my "print screen" button on the keybord.

I really hope you can help me once again.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Morten,

The Print Screen button works by pressing it. What happens is that it takes a picture copy of your screen and places it on the clipboard. What you then must do is open Photoshop etc and either A) Choose: File>Copy from Clipboard or B) Open a new blank page (the size of your screen resolution) and then paste (Ctrl+V Keystrokes).

Computers are amazing, when you know how to drive them! I only wish I knew more. Maybe tomorrow?

Regards, Smooth