panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-12

Hello,

Just wanted to write in and thank you all for the information its much appreciated

Jorge

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-12
Thanks for the info Smooth
I think I'll use the extra
parameters to open a smaller window for Detail shots and info of a particular detail in the scene.  I've been using
stills in the tours but opening the info in a new small window would allow the viewer to return to the same spot in the scene.
Smooth do you remember the onblur:close parameter to put in the body, I can't remember and haven't been able to find it, I think you gave it out once
before.
 Thanks again
 Miike (gidg)

mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-12
Hi,
Thanks for the excellent information! Will this work with a URL button instead of a Hotspot? I get an Error on page message with both the hotspot and the URL button, so I figure I am doing something wrong.

For the target url in parentheses, do I put the URL of the page that contains the QT movie that I want to show? In the HREF part do I put the same address of the QT movie? Does the javascript to call up the fullwin only go in the Tourviewer_html, or does it also go in the html page which contains the QT movie?

Sorry for all the questions but I am trying to figure out what I am doing wrong? I can type in the URL of the page with the QT movie and it comes up, but when I click on either the URL button, or hotspot within Tourweaver it says error on page down at the status bar.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am a complete novice when it comes to javascript and web pages.

Thanks.
Kevin
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-12-13

Hi Kevin
Yes you can, it can be used with a button, a hotspot and even an image. Any thing that you can open a URL from you can do this with.

Heres a screen shot showing what the properties would look like for a button

the text you enter for the href must be just like it is in the above image.  This opens the page that has the QT image embed in " Heres the tour from this example "
you can see that both the button and the image with the QT Logo both link to the same page opening it full screen.

The full screen script
 <script>

<!--

function fullwin(targeturl){

window.open(targeturl,"","fullscreen,scrollbars")

}

//--></script>

would only be placed in the head of your page that contains your tour

and no other for this tour.

Can you give me a link to you tour  so I can take a look. Also if you want I can take a look at you config file and see if there is a problem there, just send me a copy of your Zip file using the Send Msg link.

Take care
 Mike (Gidg)

mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-12-13

Hi Mike,

The On blur.Close I did offer up before but I seem to remember some issue's with it. I will have to find the tutorial I built for it again. (If I still have it) or I will have to cover old ground once again! I do remember that they needed to be added to the <body onload=> tag.

I can tell you that using Wise Pop-Up Software makes it all to easy to write your window Javascripts. The code it produces is superior to that we have been talking about and the parameters are a whole lot simpler to implement using the GUI. Also it allows you to easily implement windows using DHTML layers with drop-in effects etc.

There is some sample's on www.smooth360.com/recommended.html

The software outputs the code to place between the <head></head> tags. Then the code for the .html <body></body>tags. This is an easy job to modify for use within Tourweaver. See these script mods below.

<a title="javascript:PopupMe_your_page_name()">Click this link</a> Suitable for .html document

javascript:PopupMe_your_page_name() Suitable for Tourweaver

Using this method you can name multiple pages for multiply links or hotspots by simply changing the "PopupMe" page name. IE: javascript:PopupMe_your_page_name2()

You will of course also need to add a second entry (of the matching head code) to the <head></head>

Really simply stuff once you have the hang of it.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-10-28
something like THIS? the map was done in TW and the FS QTVR's linked from it.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-10-28
On reflection this is a good question. Its easy to create the link if its to a URL - but how do you create a link from TW to a local directory for burning on CD mmm? Desktop Author has solved the problem by providing a file link - but nothing obvious in TW. Think this ought to be directed to EP tech section for a response. Could of course have a link from the file on CD to a URL but need internet access to get at it - not a good solution. Could fudge and put the QT pano on the cd with a link from the CD menu but not as elegant as getting at it from within the tour itself.
Like Phoenix would appreciate any bright ideas.
aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-10-29

I kow I could set TW in another skin with links to directory... but my aim is to link from the pano to fullscreen QT.

Easypano?? Any clues here??

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-10-29
you could put a url hotspot in the pano...??? thast easy enough to do. ie you could have a tripod cap or something that just says view this pano in full screen etc and link it to the FS QT pano.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-10-29

Try making a folder in your root directory called "fscommand" place your .mov file or .html file inside this folder and then make the URL link.

This should do the trick!

Regards, Smooth