panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-23

broken hotspot links?

Hi there all,

I am a beginner and have had a look for a problem like mine but haven't spotted one. I have a tour where I have linked a number of movie scenes. These seem to work OK in preview. I have now added a still image with a link from one of the movies. On the still image I have a link back to the movie. When running the preview the link to the still image works, but the link back does not. The still image displays, but and the hotspot for the link back disapears. The hotspot which took you to the still image reappears, but the still image remains on screen. It doesn't matter which location you set the still image hotspot to go to, it is always just the hotspot from the original movie that appears. I'm stuck!! Any help very welcome.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-23
Can u put this up on a weblink so we can see your problem?

aj
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-23

Hi there,

Obviously seeing your files will help considerably but one thing that I have noticed is that one tour I had was having 'broken' hotspot links.  The hotspot would be linked but when clicked not much happened.  If your total tour size exceeds a certain limit (30 - 50 mb I have found) then it becomes too big and the programme begins to break down.  This may or may not be what you have happening but it's worth knowing about.

Hope that helps.

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2005-11-25

Yes - My file size had grown to 39Mb - and having built the thing and tested it after adding each scene, there is definitely a point at which adding just one more picture means that some of the links collapse. I wish I had realised that before I bought it!

Thanks for pointing it out - I had wondered if it was just my notebook not coping when the tour got too big.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2005-11-25

Simply link one tour to another this will get you over the file size limitation.

Regards, Smooth