panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-02-02

Creating Maps

Hello again

I'm also interested to know how others are creating their maps. Are they creating them by "hand" or are people using some program?

I have been slowly making my maps in Photoshop.

Thanks again.
-ArkLeader

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-02-03
i also use Photoshop.All my maps are made by hand. I've also had map images/layouts that have been provided to me from customers. As far as I'm aware... most of us use somethng like PS for maps. I tend to charge $75 for producing and adding a map.
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-02-03
I have always used a program called FloorPlan 3D by IMSIsoft. Here is a link to their site
You can make them 3D or just outline. I draw the plan, use a capture program and drop it into PS where I resize it, add text and buttons. The program is about $45. You can take a look at one of my tours outline
And here is one in the 3D version
3D is made with a click of a button.
Hope this helps,
Kerry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-02-03
Thank you both for the info. I appreciate it very much.
-ArkLeader

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-24

Dear Kerry

I was reading this thread and saw you example of the 3d floor plan. It looked so amazing that I have downloaded the trial version of it.

It is fairly easy for me to create the floor plan with all the rooms, doors and windows etc. But I am having a lot of problems getting a good result when I want to view it in 3d as at your example.

How did you get it to be like that?? I assume you watch it in 3d, by pressing thebutton. But what then?? Where do you put the camera and at what angle. The best result I have been able to get was by putting the camera just outside the plan and the choosing "birds eye view" with an angle of 30 degree. At your example it looks like it is birds eys view with an angle of 90 degree??

I would really appreciate your help.

Best regards

MOrten Andersen  

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-24

Hi,

I use a software called Visio from Microsoft.  I don't know how much it cost, I think it came with my MSOffice version.  Anyway! If you happen to have it, it works very well

You can take a look at the example on my web site.  It's in french but if you click on the green example you will see a map that was made with Visio

http://www.panomedia.ca/homeFr/panomedia-vv/v-virtuelles/index.php

Cheers

Bentech
www.panomedia.ca
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-26
Morten, Click on the 3-D Tab, go to the camera tilt angle and change the setting to 5 (aim at ground) Reset Height to 75' The rotate setting wil rotate the view. These settings will get you started.
Kerry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-27

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your advice. I will try this approach.

I downloaded the trial version a couple of days ago and gave it a quick try. I just showed my test image at a sales meeting and did surprisingly enough sell a 3d sketch of the place. GREAT :o)

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-27
Good for you!!!
Kerry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-24

I too have been doing my maps by hand in Photoshop, but after reading above about Visio from Microsoft, I decided to see if it was included with my version of Office, and sure enough, it was!  I find it to be a lot faster and more accurate than my photoshop maps, and it saves as *.jpg for editing it photoshop if I so desire.  If you have office pro, check and see if you have visio, if so, I think you'll like it.

Hawkaye

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-25

I use a program called Total 3D Home made by broderbund. It has smart objects that adjust to fit the floor plan, cathedral celings, multi level rooms, custom shaped windows, integrated decks, porches, and balconies, staricase builder and much more.

chevy4wd