panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-16

Hi there

Basically it is the same with Autorun Pro - just make a new page within the software and then click on the add internet explorer button. This lets you have IE open within the page (offline - no need to be linked to the net).  You can specify a net page if you want but you can also specify a file - in this case the folder on the disk where your tour will be.

I cant post the tours online but if anyone wants a screen shot email me at forresthowie@aol.com

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-18
Smooth: Thank you for walking me through AutoRun Max.  It works great.  Here is another one for you.  I was even directed by the staff of this company to email all the necessary files and they insist that it can't be done.  The tour works great until you prepare it to burn to cd.  Then it can not open the tourweaver.html file.  Good luck. http://www.flipalbum.com/products/fap6/?PHPSESSID=5ca8711ab0a425c7bf2e9bae56b234b1
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-03-18

kropke,

Sorry but..........

As an original Beta Tester and long time user of Flip Album I can honestly tell you this company has no morals and I will never support "EBS" or it's products in anyway.

What you want to do is 100% possible as I have done it before. In fact I taught most of the "so called" experts on the Flip forum.

Sorry, I can help - but wont because or this dishonest software developer.

Ask Mike McDonald from Canada, he's a back stabber - but I taught him so he can teach you. Or Ron from RPHMedia he thinks he knows everything.....Hmm, he probably does! LOL

I've been barred from that forum. Because I told the truth about their underhanded ways.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-18

Smooth:  Thank you for your honesty and your help.  I spoke with Mike and he said that it can not be done with 6.0 Pro, so I guess that I am out of luck.  I have 4.0 Pro too but I can't seem to make that work either.

Again, thanks anyway.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-05-26

Hi, Smooth!

Clear description of how to get a tour loaded. No surprise. As soon as I got the trial version, I figured it out and the tour get loaded. It works ok. Now I am trying to load a second tour and that s where the problem for me starts. All because some documents have the same name. I tried to solve it with your first suggestion, creatind a "fscommand" folder into the "docs" folder and load the whole tour there, but or I am doing something wrong or it doesnt work that way. Did you find out another way to cheat the program to get more than only one tour loaded on a CD presentation???
BTW, can I get the paid version of Autorun Max thru your site, because at this time I find it very usefull and I am very close to buy it

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-05-27

Martin,

Please explain to me what it is you need to do. I.E: Do you need to place two Tourweaver tours (or more) on the one AutorunMax CD? If so why can't you just name the tours differently (within Tourweaver)? It "should" be possible to place folders within folders (I haven't tested this) So if say you had tour_1 and tour_2 folders place within the Documents folder and you set the paths via AustorunMax I think you will have a winner.

Clear up exactly what you are trying to do and I will crank up AutorunMax and sort it out.

Thanks for the offer of buying via my site. Unfortunately (for me) Indigo Rose have failed to supply me with the correct affiliate link. The offer though is very much appreciated.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-05-27
I have been following this thread and found all very helpful.
However I am still unable to open a tour this way. Page opens but i get java applet failed. Do I have to include java on the cd.

Thanks in advance
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-05-27

The viewing computer MUST have Java installed. AutorunMax will launch the web browser (Internet Explorer or Firefox etc) and the tour will play.

You can include Java install .exe on the CD if you wish (following the rules on the java.com website) or make a link to the download. Warning the user that an Internet connection is required.

Regards, Smooth  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-05-27

Smooth, thanks for your prompt reply. Yes, actually I want to load two or even more tours on the same CD created by Autorun, and use it as an demo tour with different versions and showing different kinds of tours. First I tried to load them in the "docs" file as you taught us, but doing so, the program noted that some files have the same name. For example tw2 (the executable jar file), as well as the autorun file created by Tourweaver. Now changing the names of them, made impossible to run the tour. Maybe there is a way to change them still in TW before creating the original tour in TW. Just a thought. I think there must be a way to do it. You suggested to name the folders different or create one folder for one tour and another for the other and so on and place them in the same "docs" folder. What sounds difficult to me at this time is setting the right path in AutorunMax.
Thanks for your help.

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-05-27

Martin,

You do not need the autorun.inf files in the doc folder so delete them. The .jar file can be shared (only one copy of that file is needed).

If you were to go with the folder/s within the doc folder then setting the path is easy. Follow these steps:

Make a new folder (say "tour_1") place the entire contents that Tourweaver outputs into this folder. Then move this folder into your AutorunMax "project file" documents folder. I.E: %CDRoot%\AutoPlay\Docs\tour_1\TourWeaver_yourtourname.html 

Make your button to launch the tour in AutorunMax then right click "Properties>Action(TAB)>Document to Open(Browse)>%CDRoot%\AutoPlay\Docs\tour_1\TourWeaver_yourtourname.html

Repeat the same for as many tours as you like. Making new folders as you go tour_2, tour_3 etc.

Regards, Smooth