panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-18

Is Quicktime VR Authoring Studio Outdated

I keep coming back to this software as the only one that actually creates multinode QTVR scenes. But the last review on Amazon is form 2001, and the software is not for sale on the Apple website. What gives? Hold on Smooth I know you like Pano2QTVR and there is a work around for Multiple nodes with a hotspot script, but its just that, a work around. The guy running Pano2QTVR Thomas Raucher is topnotch, and the price is right. The software should be in any toolbox, but is it a replacement for Quicktime VR Authoring Studio?
John R Sembrot
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-03-19

If you want ultimate power you will have to go with www.totallyhip.com "Live Stage Pro" and you will pay for the privilege. The only other alternative is www.vrhotwires.com

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-03-19
Jeese dude that is something else. One response, two web links and two hours later and my mind is blown. That guy with the five video cams on top of his car driving aroung town is out of f----n' control. Here I though had a passion for this stuff, believing I was some cutting edge harbinger of digital online aesthetics. Wow, I am a hobbyist, playing if you will, while great minds create, imagine, develop their minds eye. I could not have even imagined it until I saw it.

Better than TV

Inspiring

BTW, you had given some feedback on my panos that mentioned the big black square on the tops and bottoms and I needed some cloning. I responded it was so hard to make it look good, you responded it was an art form. There was nothing I could do to make it look good.

Eureka!!! 1/19/2006 4:35 PM GMT-5

I not only removed the lens cap from my 8 mm Sigma FE but the flare ring as well and now have reduced my black hole from 350 pixels to 5 or 10.

previous post

John R Sembrot
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-03-20

Yeah well I had already assumed you knew how to take the lens caps of the Sigma 8mm. Mind you, you are not alone missing the flare ring as others have admitted to doing the same.

Cloning should prove somewhat easier this time around!

Still Photoshop skills only improve as you learn more and more. Typically panoramas force the issue....... 

Regards, Smooth