panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-19

Narrations.....

Anyone useing them in their tours?? If so how bout sharing with us your steps how your incoperate them into your Tours.

Chevy4wd

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-19

I use a program called Natural Reader.  It converts text into digital voices that you purchase.  It is a very user friendly program.  Then I convert the mp3 files to 8000 and then to au in a free software called Switch.  It sounds like it takes alot longer than it does.  Lastly, I include the narration clip in the location provided in the scene.

If you want to use your own voice, you can use an audio recorder and a mic to create the mp3 file; but without a sound room, I do not have much success with that.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-19
Cool.

Kropke, how do the narrations interact with the background music? Do you use a mixer where you can lower the bacground music a tad while the voiceover is on?

Also, does the voiceover only come on when the scene is being shown? What happens if you pause the scene or if you click another scene? Does the voiceover pause as well or does it continue?

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-19

I have not used both background music and narration at the same time but think that it would be tricky to get them both to sync since the narration operates on it's own once you select the scene.  The narration will stop when you click on another scene and will begin again if you return to the scene that it is linked to.  If you stop the scene while it is rotating, the narration will continue.  Hope this helped.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-19

Ok....

I've been fiddling around with AudioCity.  You can import your music then add your own narrations if you dare.  I recommend you spend some money on a quality microphone, it makes a world of difference.

chevy4wd