panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-19

Rule of Thumb For Color Correction

I just came back from a customer who said that the rooms looked dark in my tour.  As it turns out, alot had to do with their brightness setting on their computer being way to low.  But it made me wonder and maybe someone has some good advise:

There are so many different monitors that these tours are viewed on.  Is there a good rule of thumb for color / brightness correcting photos for tours in Photoshop?  For example, my one monitor appears bright compared to my other monitor.  I would just like to create them for everyone to see them in good quality.

Here is the tour that I was referring to:

http://www.soscorporate.com/tours/Turner/061523/061523.htm

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-19
The images in the tour may be ever so slightly on the dark side, but this is a matter of opinion. Haveing not seen the place with my own eyes, I do not know how the lighting was when you took the pictures.

There is a common Grayscale test image (and numerous variations) online that people use, and sometimes include on their websites to help with this. It consistes of usually 21 squares from black to white, and you should be able to distinquish all 21 squares. This works in most cases.

Here is one page with the image:

http://www.ibiblio.org/mal/MO/philm/colortest/

Hope this helps!

John
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-20

Here is one you can use.  Can you see all 21 gradation bars ??  Right mouse click and "save picture as" to your hard drive.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-04-20

Hey there

Thought I'd add this into this thread as it might be of some use (although not directly linked).  Adobe Photoshop CS2 has a great option which I only found out about last week.  Image>adjustments>shadow/highlight helped me post edit loads of my shots.

Hope that helps someone

F

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk