panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-05-11

Easiest program for web pages

Hi all

My web page is currently a CMS system where I can not up load tours and files my self, and I am SO TIRED with this. I really need to be able to up load my tours and images, but it is just not possible.

I am considering what to do. I have no skills with programming and no flair for it. What would you suggest I do?? I read a while ago about a guy who made his homepage in Frontpage. Should I do this??

It have to be pretty easy to use but I am lost right now because I dont know much about the programs.

I would really like to learn to use www.typo3.com but the learning curve is way to high. Can any of you recommend any other programs that are more fleksible then my current and at the same time easy to use??

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-05-11

Hi Morten

I use Dreamweaver to build and update my site. I had never built a site before but there are some useful templates you can chop around and get a workable site up and running in no time. (see http://www.360southwell.co.uk ) . Its by no means the best site in the world but usable and I am constantly making changes - its very much an ongoing project . The beauty of it is some very fancy sites can be made with DW as you learn more. Updating very easy as you change the site locally first, test with a preview and then ftp it direct to your webspace. Its not cheap but I think it should do for me for a few years yet.

Kind Regards

Crafty

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-05-11

The award winning CC HTML Editor is worth a good look at only $49.00 USD it has some amazing features.

The Code Editor - The Most Downloaded HTML Editor on the Web since 1996 is now even easier to use with almost 10 years of refined features. This helps new people who are learning HTML become Webmasters faster. More advanced users will find the Code Editor is exactly what they need the most without extra buttons they won't ever use. It's a mean, clean, coding machine.

The Visual Editor - What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) This is a remarkable way to create pages without knowing HTML. Just Drag and Drop Images and Text and you are ready to upload! You also have the ability to create a page in either Editor and go back and forth between them to make changes. It Makes Unbelievable Websites Fast and Easy.

Right Mouse Click FTP and Built-in FTP Program keeps website updates simple.

Includes Over 1000 XP Style Graphics and heaps more!

There is forum help and some tutorials included.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-05-16

Hi there wideeyes,

lets have a chat and we could sort out ur cms so that u can upload files and tours without having to learn how to design ur own site. I'm not a programmer myself... however I#ve hired a couple of guys who are and we're doing some nice web work. Let me know if we can help.

regards robert

If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-05-17

Hi Robert

Thanks for your offer, but accordingly to those who have made my web page there is no other way then to send the files to them and then they have to up load them. I don't know if this is correct but it is not a very flexible solution. They have done this with one example but it loads very very slowly and therefore gives people the impression that the files are bigger then they actually are, and that leaves a bad impression.

Besides, I am not very happy with the company who have made my web page. It is not optimized for any search engines. My company is called Wide Eyes and my url is www.wide-eyes.dk try searching for it and see if you can find it. I almost can't. I have also had a lot of problems with my mail accounts where it took 3 days untill I was told that my mail wasnt delivered. Not acceptable when I am sending an offer to a customer and states that I work quickly. 

I have also made a new design for a web page i photoshop that I want to implement. I meet a guy who is making CMS pages in TYPO 3 who should make it for me so I made the design for him and wrote new text and everything but nothing have happend from his side yet. I am so tired of people who can not live up to their commitments, and a web page that is just not working properly. I have come so far with my business that I am ready to make put some more focus on my marketing and therefore need an appealing web page that I can keep updated at all times.

Therefore I thought that it just might be easier to try and learn to make one my self. The downside is that I don't have a flair for it and could do without another learning curve.

I would still aprreciate your thoughts on reccomendations :o)

Best regards

Morten Andersen   

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-05-18

I was considering buying Dreamweaver.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me if you can create flash style pages from within Dreamweaver and if so, is it a user friendly process?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-05-18
You need Flash to design Flash pages (or swish etc), Dreamweaver is a html /code layout etc editor. The quickest way to design a website from experience is to design it in photoshop then slice and save for web. then open the html page PS generates in DW and sort out your text and links etc. upload and thats about it.. Of course if you want a more professional site that complies with WC3 and the DDA then more time and experience would be required.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-05-18
Hi wide eyes,

There are tons of webhosts that allow you to upload or manipulate files on your own without provider intervention.

A lot also support Microsoft Frontpage that allows you to manage your files in real time.

If email is also an issue with your provider, then it's probably time also for you to shop around for one with better service. In the meantime, you can use any of the virtual providers like yahoo or google for email.

r,
eagle