panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-20

Ugrading from a one shot lens

Hello:  I have been using the 0-360 lens and would like to upgrade my entire system to be able to create higher quality tours.  Could someone please tell me if the transition is a relatively easy one? It looks a bit more confusing when I read about it on the website.  Also, does anyone have any thoughts on a good system that will not break the bank? 

Thanks for your thoughts.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-07-20

kropke,

The jump is made easy if you use a Nikon Coolpix with Agnos MrotatorA/B panohead where the NPP is already found for you. Stitching is very easy using Panoweaver.

The step up from that would be to go to DSLR with Sigma 8mm lens. But the learning curve is steeper.

If your plan doesn't include full screen panoramas I really suggest you go the Nikon Coolpix path.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-20

Thank you.  Does that mean that you recommend the Nikon FC-E9 Fisheye that they suggest?  And if there is anyone out there that uses this set up, would you mind posting a link?  I would love to compare the results.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-21
OK...it's me again.  Could someone please tell me why I can't find a place in the US to purchase this mrotator? 
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-07-21

The FC-E9 is NOT a recommendation of mine it is a very soft lens. You are better off looking for a FC-E8 and matching camera.

You will not find the Mrotator in the USA they are made in Italy and you can only purchase directly from the manufacturer www.agnos.com or buy obtaining a secondhand model.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-21
Smooth:  when you say matching camera, does that still mean the coolpix 8700 or am I now looking at another model?
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-07-21

What you need for the FC-E8 is either a Coolpix 4500 or 5000. They are older models but were once top of the range. This was before the release of the soft FC-E9 and Coolpix 8700.

The Coolpix 5000 is most likely the best to get because you can shoot RAW images so long as the camera has the latest 1.8 firmware.

Don't just take my word for it ask other users.

If you are interested in this set up I do at this moment has a "full" system for sale. If this doesn't suit try looking on ebay. Another good thing is that "if" you retain your one-shot lens and wish to still use it I have also an adaptor to suit the 0-360 lens to the Nikon Coolpix 5000.

Selling Nikon Coolpix 5000 set up with Panoheads:

• Mint Condition Boxed Coolpix 5000 v1.8 Firmware (allowing .nef "RAW" shots)
  • FC-E8 Lens Boxed  (2, 3 or 4 Shot)
  • 3X TC-E3 Telephoto Lens Boxed
  • 2X TC-E2 Telephoto Lens with Hakuba MC Lens Guard
  • 0.63X WC-E63 Wide Angle Lens (Full Frame 6+TB)
  • 3 EN-EL1 Batteries
  • 2 Chargers
  • Genuine Leather Nikon Camera Case
  • MC-UR1 Nikon Corded Remote Control Boxed
  • ES-E28 Nikon Slide Adaptor
  • MrotatorA Panohead
  • Nodal Ninja SP-2 Panohead with Carry Case 
  • SL-1 Nikon Macro Light
  • 1400mAh POWERX Li-Ion Belt Clip Battery Pack with AC and Car Charger
  • Harbourtronics Serial Cable and Software for remote capture (Time Lapse or shoot to laptop)
  • Also some other items like soft carry case and 2x 160mb memory cards (+ smaller Memory cards) extra batteries for the SL-1 all Manuals, Cables, Straps and CD's (English) 

I don't know the shutter release count and I don't seem to be able to find out how to find this in the menu or the camera itself. If you know how I will gladly look it up. I would suggest it has shot under 2000 exposures but until I know how to find out it is a guess! 

Get the lot for $1500.00 AUD, 900.00 Euro, $1150.00 USD + Postage and Insurance.

Most if not all could pass for brand new, especially those items with boxes. This is the perfect set up for someone in Real Estate or wishes to sell Real Estate tours but no limited too.

You could sell of bits you don't require to re-coup maybe more than you expect!

Regards, Smooth  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-07-21
Smooth:  two things.  You have the MrotatorA; which is different from the one you recommended.  Is there a difference?  Also, would you happen to have a tour that was created with this camera / system.  I am very curious to see the differences between that and what I am presently using.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-07-21

MrotatorA fits FC-E8 MrotatorB fits FC-E9 I wrote MrotatorA/B.

You may look at many shots I have taken on my website. All the smaller tours in the gallery are done by either the Coolpix 4500 (Sold) or Coolpix 5000 with FC-E8.

Please remember some of those panoramas in the gallery are very old now.

Regards, Smooth