panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-08-18

From PDF to flash catalogue

Hi

I am about to make a tour for a chain of shops. They have asked me if I can link to their catalogue. On problem with that. But they have also asked me if I can transform their catalogue in .PDF to an online catalogue in PDF where it is possible to turn the pages AND insert hotspots so you can click on a product wich is linked to their online shop.

I know about Desk Top Author but the output is .DNL and have to be downloaded and installed. that is not good. My client want everyone to be able to see it do they prefer Flash.

The most promissing I have found is from www.ipaper.dk (the site is also in english)

The only thins is that I would prefer to be able to make it all my self and of course also get all the profit. With iPaper it would be a partner program and I would just resell their product.

Hope some one have a suggestion on other solutions then DTA

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2006-08-18

I don't get your issue with DTA the plug-in is small? You must remember Flash is a plug-in also, along with Java, Quicktime etc.

DTA can also output .exe files.

All good things require plug-ins otherwise you are just stuck with you standard browser. You even have to allow Javascript.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2006-08-18

Hi Smooth

I would also like to make it in DTA but my client prefer Flash. He believe that basically everybody have flash installed.

His statistics also show that their web page have most visitors around noon, meaning while people are at work. It is therefore his argument that most business computers are not allowed to download new programs or plug ins.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2011-02-28
If you want to transform PDF to flash, I knew axmag.com and issuu.com do a good job in this area. You can browse their websites, see some demos and also can upload your pdf files to convert to flash online.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2013-05-05
If you want to transform PDF to flash, I knew axmag.com and issuu.com do a good job in this area. You can browse their websites, see some demos and also can upload your pdf files to convert to flash online. And besides this, the xFlip pro software is also one powerful tool to convert PDF to flash swf files with ease.
Originally posted by sandra on 2011-02-28 03:13
well, nice for your sharing, the output effect is really very amazing!

well, nice topic!!!

flip book creator to make/create stunning flipping book

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2015-08-04

Hi,  

I wonder whether you have worked it out. And I have only tried to convert PDF with the help of some 3rd party toolkits. When it comes to PDF conversion process, I have another question for you. I wonder have you ever tried to convert PDF to image files before? I am testing the related PDF to JPG converting, PDFto PNG converting, and PDF to BMP converting programs these days. Do you have experience about it?  Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.          

Best regards,  

Arron

arron