panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

I'm still missing two options / buttons

What I would like to have is:

1) Check box that disables fullscreen function. I really wan't to keep my virtual tours as small (easy to download) as possible and it doesn't bring any value to dial-up/slow connection users to see bad quality fullscreen.

2) Automatic hint generation. It would make my job a lot easier if the hints were generated automaticly, so I wouldn't need to type them manualy for every hot spot and compas. Again, there could be a check box to disable this function, if someone doesn't wan't to have hint.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
My first thoughts are similar to others.

I don't mind the GUI, but I am having a har time finding all the things I am used to in TW 1.3. For example:

Were are scene descriptions, is that gone?

Hot Spot adding was confusing (not sure I found how to link to another scene yet)

Viewer seems a bit choppy at Full Screen, and at normal I see a faint line down the middle, quailty could be better (or maybe ideal pano size needs to be figured out)

Full screen is hard to find (right click is not intuitive)

Just some thoughts as I explore.
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
Kevin, scene description is that a text field related to a specific panorama? Change the panorama and the text changes as well? I do miss this as well.

Likewise, could one or can one with TW 2.0 let the active panorama tell the rest of the application "Hi, it is me, panorama no. 3(6,2,...)" so that a hotspot can call a URL referring to panorama no. 3(6,2,...) only?

When I publish a VT I will be offered the chance to save with a certain compression. This seems to affect the original panorama.jpg files as well. I found that my original files (max 250kb, compressed with ca. 50%) are now renamed *.vt and placed in a "Scenes" folder. Their file size is significantly bigger (up to 480kb! when using 80% compression) now. Why is this necessary? If I had used TIFF files I could understand the need for compression but compressing JPGs again can only lead to less quality.

Michael

http://www.premiumpano.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
I honestly feel that easypano should have listened to what we wanted and provide it to us. And not spend all this time giving us what they wanted to. I dont feel it was a good business decision for them.
(It sounds) here on the boards things we liked are now non exisitant or hard to utilize or find. Things we need added were ignored. And things that we never asked for were added.
I know I myself have all EP's products but as far as this beta is I am reluctant to purchase it. Maybe once the kinks get worked out.
I hope they consider how much stronger there sales would have been if they would have given us what we wanted.
Hopefully TW3 wont take as long to build.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

My God!

I just found the place you enter text and it was harder than finding a bloody needle in a haystack!

When you are in "Properties & Actions" there is a "tiny" little arrow to the very right bottom of the box. Who said they loved this GUI?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

Kevin,

Scene description is added via "Properties & Actions" Text Area and then "List Values" button (What the is that about?) it pops a window and you type into the right pane.

Anyway that's how it's done.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

My guys are really liking the Beta at this point.  We have converted a few tours and of course had a to tweak a few things as they covert with some new settings.  We are beginning to get familiar with the GUI and it is making a bit more sense.  Once we figured out where things were it is speeding up.  All in all our first impression is positive.  We are compiling a list of what we feel would be beneficial changes and improvements and will share once we have thoroughly gone through the software.

our .02 so far.

Matthew

Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
I've got to say, at first glance I was pretty disappointed...
I'm still using cylindrical panos until I can afford to upgrade to spherical. Has anyone else tried adding a cylindrical pano yet? It displays like a spherical and zooms in to the center. I want it to start zoomed all the way out so that the most will show. I have tested the FOV setting in both the flat and immersive viewers and I can not get my panos to display right! They look terrible and you can not even zoom all the way out in the preview. Am I missing something here? This makes TW2 useless for our business
I think we could get used to the new GUI over time and it could become a real time saver and I like the ability to have multiple floor plans as well... I really hope that easypano is reading the forum comments, because it is my guess that many of you feel like me and that is that there is so much that I want to report back to them, I just dont have the time to sit down and write a long report... They must add a way to disable the full screen - For standard real estate tours we'll never make the panos big enough to look good on full screen, but we may for commercial projects.

Regardless of the good points and the bad points, this product is of no use at all to us right now if we can not get our cylindrical panos to display right (as the work just fine in TW1.3)

Any suggestions?
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
Hello Smooth,

thank you for finding that needle. After all, I think it is not a bad place to hide it :-) Once found, you'll always fiind it again. It has some kind of logic.

This cylindrical issue seems to be some kind of a problem/bug. I had 5 sphericals and 2 cylindricals in my tour, so I did not noticed it immediately.

All in all I must say, I like the program and since it is a beta I'm confident that the bugs will be fixed. The GUI will probably stay as it is (and I truely hope this!), since this seems to be one of the major changes. It might be a bit more demanding to learn the details. But one day is certainly enough to catch most of it.

Yours, Michael

http://www.premiumpano.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
Micheal said:

"It might be a bit more demanding to learn the details."

I agree, I also found the needle of scene description info shortly after my post.

I see great potential for the program, but it will take a bit more to learn sort of like PTgui vs. Panoweaver. I am afraid that 2.0 will be a bit less accessible to new folks. But with time I think it could be pretty powerful.

--Kevin
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/