panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
The GUI looks great.

I tested the DVD-option with a high-resolution pano, but the output is very blurry. It looks like TW2.0 uses a very high compression, even though I use the DVD-PAL option. The output is only 5 Mb for 1 pano and a 30 sec. movie. A little small, I think, because there's 4.7 Gb on a DVD, so why not using less compression.

Also, if it's not possible to alter the help-option in the 'right-click'-menu I'm not sure buying this version. At first glance everything looks great, but I don't want any link from my VT's to EP. It should link to my site, instead.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
TW2.0 (beta) looks nice!! I just have to get used to the new places for the bottons :)

I do still miss possibility to ad a still picture to a scene just like we can with sound...

Now I can't wait to the real version is out :)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
I like Full Screen - except I don't like that you have to double click to exit out of it. I just added a Full Screen button to a tour.

Things take more step in 2.0, for example:
1) add button under controls on the left,
2) in the Properties menu select "Actions" tab,
3) scroll down to "Window", select "Full Screen" and press the plus button to the right,
4) when Target comes up hit ok and leave on "SceneViewer"

I like that you can place the button on the viewer window, however, once the pano goes full screen there is nothing to tell the user how to get back to the viewing window. Sure you can double click (or right click), but I would have liked an icon in a corner much like the return icon Immervision uses. As it stands I feel like I am going to have to place instructions some where. This could be a help button with a url link target _blank to a help file. I just wish the full screen exit was easier for the user.

--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
I just noticed that the sample tour for "House.tw" is using scene images that are 3000 X 1500.

I wonder if that could be considered a recommended size - they all seem to be under 500 kb.

--kevin
--Kevin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
whats your opinion on the viewer?
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

Couple of questions before download,

1. Should I load beta will it over write my pro 1.3?

2. Have they determined a ball park price range on upgrading from pro 1.3?

3. I usually put a lot of stock in Smooth's responses, at this point my mate down under ain't happy I'm sure I won't be.

4. What is the crashing you guys are talking about?   The whole computer or just TW Beta?

R,
Pixel

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
I have not had any install probs as of yet
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-25
Pixelator (and others)

The download for 2.0 will not alter 1.3.

I spent some more time with the program tonight. As I learn the features and how to use them I am getting more and more pleased with the new application. One main thing you need to grasp is the Properties & Actions window on the bottom of the GUI. Mostly I missed the Actions tab early on. Now that I see it I am learning that it is link to so many things. Some of the new features are pretty cool for example:

Creating buttons is pretty slick, the buttons look good (3d effect) and all you need to do is match the color. Saves time if you just want basic button and don't want to make them in Photoshop.

Colors, here is a HUGE improvement. When selecting a color you can take the eye dropper off the pallet and click on another image in the MainWindow and the program grabs that color. A very quick and easy way to match scroll bars, buttons, etc. to a custom skin background.

There are some cool actions, like pop up image, this allow you to pop up a picture based on a button or hotspot.

Sound integration is easy with the use of MP3 format - major improvement.

Multiple maps are nice, as is the ability to customize the radar more over the map, and add the radar to still images as well.

I like the full screen option, but as noted earlier I wish there was a more intuitive way to close the full screen. And the view does not seems to auto pan in full screen mode.

As for the viewer I am looking at panos that are 4000 x 2000 and 3000 X 1500 for testing and things look pretty good. But this is all local, not sure how larger files sizes will translate to the web. I am a big fan of the Immervision viewer, but this one seems ok. I would love to see some improvements (like a close icon on full screen) in the main release.

Overall I feel there is a lot to like here... if you can spend the time to find it and learn how to use it.

--Kevin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-25

Kevin,

I think Kevin summed up well what I was going to post.  The software functions differently...if you quickly get by comparing that to 1.3 and finding the functions in 2.0 I think you will quickly be please with the ease and additional power of the new release.  More to come.

Matthew

Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-25

Pixelator,

I too will reserve judgment on the upgrade.  I will follow this thread and posts from smooth and 360texas.

Thanks,
eagle