panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-24

Tourweaver 2.0 Beta (1) Initial Thoughts!

OK, it's new and I don't want to be to harsh yet!

• The viewer is err, not so great.
  • The "Right Click Menu" (Help) points to Easypano's website (Not Professional) Maybe this can be altered and I haven't spotted it? Can't find it in the help files either.
  • Personally I don't think the GUI layout comes across as "Easy" It took me a while just to find the place to insert a panorama. (No I didn't read the manual) It should be "SO" obvious!
  • The program didn't work properly until I rebooted.
  • For the amount of time it has taken to get to this beta I really don't see that much of an improvement. - maybe it's not obvious either? -

No doubt there is more to come both positive and negative. Please share your initial thoughts.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-27
To All,

I too see some improvements in this release. Overall I am disappointed that it took so long for the update given my first impressions. It appears that most of the time was spent on porting TW1.3 to the new GUI and not much effort was spent on new features. Here are some of my observations so far.

I like the new GUI (Adobe style) but it was not very intuitive. I could see newbies getting very frustrated.

The new radar is nice because it can be used standalone without a hotspot. This eliminates the need as in TW1.3 for adding both a hotspot and radar (compass).

Where is the FTP????
This is a HUGE take-away!!!
I don't want to have to use another application to publish my tours. Please put it back!!!

I have not found a control for preview quality. The preview is so choppy I would like to see a parameter in the preferences to change this.

Smooth,
The reason you have not heard from Danny is that he does not work there any longer according to their live support rep I spoke with about 2 weeks ago. This may be part of the reason this release has been so delayed.

I am curious as to what Easypano will charge for this upgrade. IMHO I think this is a fair effort. I think owners of      TW1.3 should get the upgrade with minimal charge (< $100)
If they try to get more than that they may find few takers because I just don't see that many reasons to upgrade. Fullscreen and multiple maps were welcome features but there are workarounds to these with TW1.3.

Will continue to play...

Walt

Regards,
mymelbeach
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-27

Upgrade is $200 from what I've been told, but  you will be able to install it on both a desktop and a laptop for that price.   My partner and I have been playing with it since it first went up on the site.  We're in the process of converting 6 existing tours into the new format, so that they will be consistant with the next 74 that we have contracted for. 

All in all, I'd say we are more positive than negative about the new version.  Yes, there are still lots of areas that need polishing, some things added or changed, and I'll list these as we see them when I have a bit more time. 

No, the GUI may not be as intuitive as 1.3, but after fiddleing around with it until 5 in the morning, it shows promise.

As for the price and upgrades, it would perhaps be advisable for EasyPano to offer 1 year of free upgrades as many other companies do, and to release more often, with tweaks and patches.  

We're going to continue to work with it and provide constructive critique where appropriate as well as kudos.

Personally, I'd like to see EasyPano hold the same position in the Virtual Tour market as Photoshop holds in the image manipulation market.  Wishful thinking?  Let's wait a bit longer and see what the final release looks like.  Talking with customer service rep, the beta test is supposed to end around Feb. 2nd, depending on the state of bugs/patches at that point.  Will be extended if needed.

I know we've all been about as patient as we can for about as long as possible, especially those of us making our living using the software.  I'm willing to wait just a wee bit longer, hoping for the best.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-27

I'm a new user of Tourweaver, I was waiting for the release of TW2 to purchase it. I looked all over for a button where I can insert the tripod cap??? I couldn't find it! I hope a powerful software like this one has this feature!!

I found few bugs and I'll report them to easypano directly.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-27

Evviva!!!!!
I like the new Dreamweavr interface... But I need 2 things, the first is that the full sreen mode can include the map & skin end also in the dvd or any vido output (low quality for now....:-(

Flash out????

Rox

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30

Re: Tripod Cap

Theo I believe you would add the tripod cap in the image stitching software.

I currently use PW 4.0 and it allows me to add the tripod cap there, before saving the image.

If I'm wrong about this someone else may have another suggestion.

Robert

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30
Robert is correct.

TW is not a stitching application - you need to clean up you pano in anther application such as PW 4.0 or use PanoQTVR and Photoshop.

--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30
Woops,

I meant "Pano2QTVR" http://www.pano2qtvr.com/

--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30
Actually, I agree with Theo. You should be able to add the hovering tripod cap if wanted..this cant possibly be a hard feature to add. I personally add the cap via photoshop and apply the hover-cap over that..to ensure the cap is upright at all times.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-31
Quote: Originally posted by Kevin on January-30-2007
Woops,

I meant "Pano2QTVR" http://www.pano2qtvr.com/

Pano2QTVR is not a stitching application. You can export Quicktime and Flash panoramas from it, but you have to have your basic image ready for this.

Michael
http://www.premiumpano.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-24
Hello Smooth,

:-) that's funny. I really had my doubts, but you didn't. Now it is me who is really excited about TW 2, especially the player. I normally render 2000x1000 images with max 250kb in size for a ptviewer display and even qt does perform well with these sizes. (my source files are much bigger though). TW 1.3 never managed to show reasonable quality with these images, but TW 2.0 does.

The layout has changed much. It is closer to Photoshop or Dreamweaver now with panels everywhere. This might not seem as straightforward as the old version, but I think the change is to the better in the long run.

You are right that it takes a bit longer to understand what is going on. For instance, I could not figure out how to link my hotspots in the panoramas and map until now. Guess I will find out sooner or later :-)

Installation was easy going, no crashes until now, preview is running smooth (XP SP 2 on a 3 year old notebook Intel mobile 4/ 3.06, 1gb)

Yours,
Michael

http://www.premiumpano.de