FYI
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30

Is that the real upgrade price or?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30
Yes, asked it to LiveSupport and got this price from Joe.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30
Seems very fair.
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-01-30

If the upgrade price is $200 USD I would think that most would find this acceptable. Seems fair to me also.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30

Hi

Yes this price is very fair, and the investment should be returned quickly.

Do any of you know if the new version will overwrite the old or will it be possible to have both 1.3 and 2.0 installed at the same time when upgrading??

I know that I still use panoweaver 3 sometimes so it would be very usefull to be able to use both versions.

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30
Regarding the pricing I think it is ok for TW 1.3 users, whereas it is pretty much for first time buyers. The price for a software is normally quite fixed over times and changes only drastically when a HUGE improvement has been made. This _huge_ improvement seems not the case after what I could read here. Think about Adobe Photoshop for $ 650 compared to $ 700 for TW 2.

If the price would have been $500 as is is now, with an upgrade fee of $200 I would have considered this reasonable.

The pricing now will help existing users of TW 1.3 to defend their business and will make it more difficult to attract new customers for TW 2.0. So, good for existing users, bad for Easypano. :-)

Well, time will tell, if the upgrade politics is welcomed in the future, when the announced flash upgrade is released. The question is: are you then expected to pay again for a feature which had been expected for the present release already or is it released for free?

Yours,
Michael

www.premiumpano.de

http://www.premiumpano.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-30
I will repeat what I said in a recent post. I think the bulk of effort was applied to the porting to the new GUI. The features included in this release are somewhat disappointing given the time between releases. With that said I hope that the next release is SOON!!! and includes FLASH!!

Hello...is anybody at Easypano paying attention to penetration rates!!!

Focus on production time please...I will pay premium for reductions in time to produce a VT.

Regards,
mymelbeach
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-31

mymelbeach,

Actually, we already have a demo for the flash version of Tourweaver, but because the result of the flash output is not so perfect, we are still working on it. The final flash version will be available in several months. 

Jenny
Easypano
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-31
Jenny,
That's good news about the Flash Version. Also it is good to see Easypano (you) participating on the forum. It has been a while since we have had your posts. I have missed the reassurance from the Easypano team that you are actually listening.

Walt

Regards,
mymelbeach
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-01-31
Flash output is coming? Wow, that is great. Where else can you find all these features.

I, like most of the forum members, have tested a lot of software for the stitching of panorama images and the presentation of virtual tours. I must say that I still feel that Tourweaver is the best application for my needs and I am very happy with the new version.

I have also been very impressed with the recent involvement of the Easypano staff on the discussion forum and in responding to my bug reports and feature requests. Yes, TW 2.0 will be an expensive application, but it is an application that I will use to make money and as such I consider it an investment in my business (just like my camera, Sigma 8mm lens, tripod, pano head, etc.).

Regardless of the final price or upgrade path, I will be buying TW 2.0 when it is released because I feel it will allow me to make impressive tours in less time then if I coded them myself.

Also, I find this is one of the most helpful forum communities I have seen for a software application. I know that if I buy TW 2.0 and need help with a project in the future someone will always be willing to point me in the right direction. Consider for a moment the cost associated with the knowledge present on this forum. That knowledge is all free thanks to Easypano for creating this area for us to communicate. The least I can do is support the programmers that developed the application I use for my business.

This is just my point of view. If you are not happy with the price of the application then you are welcome to buy another program and to participate in a different forum.

--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/