panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-01

I must add my words of support here. 

The TW2.0 programmers are to be cogratulated for listening to their clients and the fine work they are doing.  As far as the pricing goes, programs like Photoshop are able to have lower prices due to the economy of scale.  There are not nearly as many TW users as there are Photoshop users and nor would we want there to be or we would all be out of business.  The progrmmers and others at Easypano are part of your production team if you are using this product commercially and they need to be paid as well if they are to continue to do the great work they are doing.

I am ready to pay the $200 for the upgrade once a few fixes have been made.  There are many improvements including the great GUI, full screen view, file compression, smooth panning, user preferences, improved timeline editing functionality,  movie control, WSYIWYG editing screen, colour sampler, and many more including some which I probably have not yet noticed.

Cheers

Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-02
Hello Kevin and Alan,

as far as I'm concerned, I think the update price is ok. It is the price for new customers I'm wondering about. But alas, this is an Easypanos decision. I did not buy TW 1.3, mainly because of its bad player, I will buy TW 2 because the player can now live up to the very good tour creating tool which TW always has been. With this price you are right Alan, the amount of users will be limited. Good for you, good for me when I join. Good for Easypano and the future developments of this nice software? Well why not push the price to something like 1000$? This would protect our business the more, wouldn't it? ;-)

There are three main advantages with tw 2:

1. A weak player has been updated to up-to-date performance. This should be normal for a new version and it is the basic prerequisite for me to buy at all.

2. The GUI has been changed - after what I think to the very best of the product. But as e.g. Smooth stated, many targeted users will have a hard time learning this kind of software. If you are used to Photoshop or Dreamweaver, no problem. If you go around with your 360 mirror, shoot and click your tour together - well. No problem for me, no problem for you. No problem for Easypano?

3. Fullscreen feature. As far as I can see, you can only pass one file size over to TW for this feature. This means the resolution is too high or too low for one or the other display. Not really nice yet and there were others complaining about this as well. I expect that the final release will have the option to switch off fullscreen mode when publishing and a future version will probably give you to different files to choose from. I would switch off fullscreen mode until a proper fullscreen feature is implemented. So neither good nor bad for me.

An obviously lacking feature for many but not for me (yet) is the missing Flash export. There has been so much development recently that my competitors DO have their flash tours online already or WILL have very soon. It is ok to check the flash export thoroughly before releasing and it is good not to wait with the non-flash TW 2 until they have fixed all their flash issues. But adding Flash to TW 2 is what I do miss to set up the price to a then justified 700$.

As it is now, I do appreciate the improvements and I will buy the product. But please allow me to regard it as expensive for now. Having programmers employed and a support running should not be regarded as exeptional for a software company.

Michael

http://www.premiumpano.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-02

i talked to jenny through live support last night.i asked her if we will be able to edit the help menu in tw2 pro .she said that in the pro version there will be no help tab when you right click on the viewer and that you will be able to make your own help file.
in the standard version they will have the easy pano link for the help.She also stated that it will be several weeks befor the full upgrade will be available,but it is definitely $200 for the upgrade.

[edited by moderator]

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-02

When will TW2.0 be available?
I have a project going that could use the full screen option..

Thanks

jar1951

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-02

Apolgies for posting what might have already been answered (been awol for a while).

If I bought tw 1.25 last summer and didnt take the free upgrade to 1.3...how much will this upgrade cost?

Like the look of it so far and I feel it might be handy...

Also nice to see Easypano on the forum - well done!

F

sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-02
Its the pro version of 1.25 I have.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-02-03

Forrest,

To upgrade to 1.30 is free then if you wish to upgrade to 2.0 it appears the cost will be $200.00

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-03

Thats cool!
Didnt know if 1.25 - 2 was 'two' upgrades worth.

Excellent!

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-02-03

Forrest,

Log into your account via the "User Panel" at the top of the page. There you will gain access to whatever you are entitled too. Download and install.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-04
Ok folks, I haven't seen it mentioned here, but I did talk with Jenny and she informed me that not only is the upgrade $200, but it also entitles you to install it on one desktop and one laptop.  So really, you're getting two seats for the price of one.  That should help a lot of ppl.