panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-28

how to apply the java script in TW 2?

I found that it was not working with the function of "Execute script" from the action of button, what can I do to make it working? Do anyone have an idea of it? Please help me? Thanks a lot!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-28
This would be a very useful feature, but it seems not to work for me either. I tried to enter a simple

window.open(predefined parameters in here);

When the tour is published I get a "File not found: ../../window.open(predefined parameters in here);"

I could very well use this to open a 360-object in a preconfigured window without scrollbars, menu etc. and fixed size. This can not be achieved with the open window/open URL feature.

Yours,
Michael

http://www.premiumpano.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-02-28
My goodness, is there ever an end to the things that dont work here? Geez
Roadkill
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-07

How about a script for opening a pdf file? I have a pdf (blueprint) stored in main folder (New House). I have very little experience in js but I thought: window.open('New_House/blueprint.pdf') would do the trick. I'm getting the new window, just no pdf.

Thanks

Mike

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-03-07

I have just tested this and it does work fine from a server (not withstanding pop-up blockers)

If you want to open a .pdf file then javascript: window.open("your_folder/your.pdf") works just fine.

but I would suggest using the full URL a better idea javascript: window.open(http://yourwebsite.com/your_folder/your.pdf)

I could NOT get this to work locally or using the Tourweaver "Preview". With the first being stopped by various security controls and programs.

Via the Internet my pop-up blocker wouldn't allow it to open until I white listed the site. (Common these days)

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-08

Thanks Smooth but i'm still struggling with this. I have the file (blueprint.pdf) in the root folder with the html, js, jar, files. Incidentally, I had to place it there after publishing (should that have been a clue something wasn't roght?) In the java script window I have:   window.open('blueprint.pdf)  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-02

I am afraid you all didn't input javacript that can be accepted by Tourweaver2.0. Only standard one can be recognized by it,so please go to the first topic I will open after this weekend, where you will find exactly how to use this useful feature. There is another useful function that you can play tours one after another automatically.

Have a nice weekend! My dear customers.

Joe Rao

Easypano Holdings Inc.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-05
I'm afraid, I have to apologize for my own blindness. Today I received a mail from the helpdesk crew stating the following:

"As to Execute Script action, to execute JavaScript.
For example, add a button to the tour skin. Then go to its action panel and add the action execute script. Then type the following code: javascript: window.open("http://www.easypano.com"). When running the tour, click this button. The html referring to www.easypano.com will be opened."

This is exactly what shows up in the HELP TOPICS menu when you search for ->actions ->Misc.

I guess after all these bugs I was simply not aware of the usual things, that simply don't work how you expect them to do, but how they are programmed to do. A closer look into the manual should sometimes help...

Sorry Easypano...

Michael

http://www.premiumpano.de
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-08

I got it. I made the mistake of assuming I didn't have to type "javascript:" in the script line because it was already indicated at the top of the script box. My bad. thanks for the help though.

Mike

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-03-09

Mike,

That's why I highlighted the script needed in blue above!

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-12
A better popup option???

I have been using the javascript option to open a small widow with set demension.

Does any one know of a good way to get around the popup blockers?

Should I explore using javascript in the destination html with an onload command (heard about this in the past). Or is there a better way? I have heard of dhtml, but I'm not sure you can integrate that with TW2.

I was showing a client a skin the other day and their blocker prevented the window from opening... I noticed it and quickly pressed Ctrl while selecting the link again - but it did not look good. I would like to make sure clicking options on my skin will not get blocked - after all they are asking to see the link, it is not like I am pushing it on them.

Thoughts?

--kevin

--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/