panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-03-18

Theo,

If you go to the trouble of adding the mirror ball (that I dislike BTW) you might as well add a tripod cap of your own. I assume you use a Photoshop "Action" to add the mirror ball? If so, you just need to write an action to add your own tripod cap. (You could possible modify the mirror ball action) if not writing a new action is pretty easy. They are just recorded Photoshop actions (copying your manual steps).

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-18
Smooth,

Thank you so much for the tip. The way I know is to convert the equirectangular pano to cubic with Pano2Qtvr and then cover the tripod with a cap or clone the floor. It is a time consuming method, and that is way I don't do it for cheap real estate VTours.

Yes I use a photoshop Action to add the mirror Cap. I never played with Actions and have no knowledge about it. But I'll do my research, I think it is worth it to learn how to do it.

Once again, thank you.

Theo
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-18
Theo,
Why not just limit your tilt to not allow the viewer to see the nadir and zenith. Very quick and easy...no PhotoShop editing at all!

Mel
Regards,
mymelbeach
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-18
Tip on creating a nadir/tripod cap at the link below:

http://www.ptgui.com/support.html

It's paragraph 6.10.

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-03-19

I got word from Joe Rao that their team is hard at work trying to remedy tickets with Tourweaver.

He also said that if everything goes well, Flash output for Tourweaver should be ready by June. 

I say.... Super!!!

r,
eagle