Ok here are my thoughts and my experience with the tour.
1) Great design. It looks good. Both the skin and the images. Well done.
2) I like the fact that your site detect if the viewer uses a pop-up blocker. Nice touch. I would not mind if you taught me how to do that :o)
3) I like the snall info page that you start with. You give the viewers a chance to get familiar with what they are about to see, and you give a short explanation on how to navigate through the tour. Very nice touch.
4) As I can understand it you also host all the tours. It is a great way to make an extra income, and you got the total control to ensure that everything works. BUT in my experience most customers want the files them self so they can control what to do with them. It have been an important sales argument for me in many cases. And often I feel that I would not get the particular customer if I did not hand over the files.
I would love to hear other peoples experience with this as I have considered this many times.
5) The tour freeze at the "street at night" scene when I tried to view Full Screen. I had to close the tour and start from scratch.
6) I like the "map" function where you point the viewer to a Google map. BTW have you seen how Garry at 360panoramics uses Google maps? It is just excellent. You can see it here: http://www.360southwell.co.uk/Town%20Images.html
7) When you host the tour, then why not center the pop up window so it appears in the middle of the screen?? You can use a program like Wise Popup to do this.
I am exited to follow your work. I think that these days it is important to develop unique concepts, and emphasize on the design and quality.
- a newbie trying to improve
Thanks for the feedback! I am Mike's partner - I did all the web and Tourweaver work. You make some great points. We are very excited about our first contract. However we know we still have a lot to learn.
You asked about the pop up detector - here it is:
In <head> tag place:
var mine = window.open('','','width=1,height=1,left=0,top=0,scrollbars=no');
var popUpsBlocked = false
var popUpsBlocked = true
In your <body> tag place:
alert('We have detected that you are using popup blocking software.\nOur Virtual Tour uses popup windows for some enhanced features.\nTo ensure the best viewing experience please disable your popup blocker for this website.');
Notice in the body tag script there are "\n" these add line breaks.
I hope it helps you.
Looks good Mike.
A couple of things:
1) I don't see a play button. When I click on a scene, it stops and I can look around, but I don't see a play button to resume the tour. Maybe I just can't find it.
2) The two drop down boxes in the middle and on the right. Why don't they show any text like the first box. Again, I may be missing something here.
Just my observations, otherwise looks really good.