panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-18

need answers & suggestions, please

Hi!  I'm new to this site and would love some help from you guys!  By the way, big thanks to Gen.Lee for sending me here!

I work for a realtor and have been using a one shot fisheye lens from EGG for our virtual tours.  It gets the job done, but not very well.  We are looking to bring our virtual tours to a new level.  The equipment I have now is a Canon Powershot G2 and a Manfrotto tri-pod.  Here are some questions that I have so far...I'm sure there will be lots more to follow!

1.  To create a virtual tour for real estate purposes, will I need to have both panoweaver and tourweaver?

2.  I know I'll need a rotator head for my tri-pod.  Can anyone suggest some?  And will it help me with the non-paralex point?

3.  Should I get a wide angle lens for my camera?  And how important is that?  I ask because it may not be possible to get one for my type of camera.

Thanks in advance to everyone!

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-04-18

1) Panoweaver stitches "Wide Angle and Fisheye Lens Shots". Tourweaver makes a complete tour using multiple stitched images (panoramas) So the answer is yes you need both to do Real Estate tours correctly.

2) The best cheaper panorama head is www.nodalninja.com Nodal Ninja 3. If you want better, stronger and more professional then www.agnos.com Agnos MrotatorTCPS is widely recommended. You MUST use a panohead so your can 100% avoid Parallax problems.

3) You would have too to use Panoweaver. It is very important to reduce the total amount of shots require to make a full spherical panorama image. You camera is not ideal for this but may well be usable if you were to adapt a Nikon FC-E9 Fisheye Lens. If you could use this lens then the best panorama head you can buy is the Agnos MrotatorB because the NPP is already located you just fit your lens/camera combo and start shooting. 

Regards, Smooth

Visit www.smooth360.info for panorama software options and other recommended software.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-04-18

Thanks!  I've looked at your site too.  Very helpful.  I guess because I've had such bad results with the Egg fisheye lens, I am leary of using another one.  My tours come out fuzzy and overexposed near any windows, even with the blinds shut.  I am having trouble finding a wide angle lens to fit into my camera, so I guess I'll be looking for one of those too.

Thanks!