panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-05-20

Difference in Java??

I've learned quite a bit from this forum, but I'm still unsure about Java versions.

I know that Java needs to be installed to view our Tours, but I keep hearing version 1.6 or version 6. Which is it?

I assume they are slightly different variations of Java - but how do they differ?

And the main question: What version (variation) of Java should I make sure my client has? (Is there an easy link)?

Thanks a lot!

Bill
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-05-20

On my machine I show in the 'Add/Remove'

Java 2 Runtime Enviornment SE v 1.4.1 which is only 1.66mb

I also have Java (TM) SE Runtime Enviornment 6 Update 1 which is 159mb

I would think your client should have the most current [I think] Runtime version 6 Update 1 which is 159mb.

Everytime I download a newer version of Java it does not remove the prior version of 6 update x.... so I keep the most current version and delete the previous version.  You can update your java by going to

http://java.com

ONE ITEM... I keep 1.4.1 to run Panoweaver and Tourweaver.

Hope this helps

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-05-20
Thanks Dave.

I guess I'm trying to figure out what the difference between those two variations are!! (ver 1.6 and ver 6)

When dealing with most clients I literally have to walk them thru doing ANY sort of downloads or upgrades, so I want to make it as painless as possible - for them AND for me! I should probably just have a link to the Java site for them in case they need to install Java.

Bill