panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-10

Tourweaver3.0 is coming!

Wow, that would be totally screwed and I honestly feel bad for all you who trusted easypano and purchased 2.0 when it first came out. And on top of that helped them create another product by offering comments and beta testing. and early version testing, and updated version testing, and...you get the idea.

I am glad I have the earlier version which I feel is better or at least bug fixable.
I wish you all good luck here.
Seriously,
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12

After waiting for century I was one of the first who upgrade TW to version 2.0 (and paid). It was (and is) a disaster!!!! TW2 wasn't ready to release!

Now there is new version TW3, and we must pay for a upgrade.. Its al Bloody Shame

Easypano  Im very disappointed again

Gr, Harry.

Btw: TW3.0 isnt ready for release!. On a 4 Mb, it's very jerky and slowwwww.

..............................................................................................................................................

Home is where your hard disk is ;)

HarryA360

VRtour.eu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
Quote: Originally posted by Linda on July-12-2007

Quote: Originally posted by daugaard47 on July-12-2007

Look at this site . This company designed this by them selfs .I talked to them and there Template is Not for Sale! Can you, Easy Pano Give ME Something Like This.http://virtually-anywhere.com/ Click on the New Full Screen Interface Design!!! If your going too do flash, Do something like this or hirer this guy to do it for you.

I have seen their "Template", but I think it has its advantages as well as disadvantages.

1. although the quality of image is good, the tour on this site can't run automatically.

2. Without hotspots, radar, map, list box etc.It's simpler.

3. Does it only have full screen mode? But I want to view it in normal mode.

I work for a multimedia company in UK. At least, I think it can not meet our customers' requirments.

Here are examples of their smaller version:

http://virtually-anywhere.com/product/index.html#
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12

Quote: Originally posted by daugaard47 on July-12-2007

Here are examples of their smaller version:

http://virtually-anywhere.com/product/index.html#

take a look @ http://www.panomatics.com/showroom/

SPi-V Is for free!

..............................................................................................................................................

Home is where your hard disk is ;)

HarryA360

VRtour.eu

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12

I was just going to suggest SPi-V!!!  Beat me to it!!  It's built on flash - but it's still realtively new.  It may take a bit of time to design a template that you like, but once you do, it's easy to modify it for different projects. 

Robert

www.urban-iris.com

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12

Not even going to bother looking at version 3 wasted enouth time and mony with Easypano products. the upgrade to V2 was a total waste and con. we all paid for a product that did not do what it said on the box. so to hell with them.

Redem yourselfs EP and offer the FREE up-grade to Version 2 owners or risk losing your clients. I for one have now chosen to follow the 3DVista route it cheaper better and developed by a better and more understanding company.

Long live 3DVista

Regards

Jonpaul
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-07-12

Hi all,

I have been asked to offer my opinion (and that's all it will be an "opinion")

You would have thought if my opinion was warranted I would have seen a BETA many weeks/months ago! but it appears it will go down the exact path TW2 did, because of the pressure to release it.

1: TW3 needs to be BETA tested and improved as the bug reports come in (by qualified approved users) not the general population. This requires time and a lot of it to be able to offer the best quality product before release.

2: I think people expect too much from the technology.

3: There should be NO upgrade fee for people who have TW2 as it was a disappointment to so many and hasn't been fixed (and never going to be by the looks of it).

4: The TW3 DEMO plays fine on my computer AMD64 3500+ 4GB of RAM and a Nvidia Geforce FX 5500 Graphics Card. though I did notice some "flicker" in full screen mode. I would suggest computer power/resources play there part in what you see. "Tours" meaning multiple panoramas suck up heaps of resources and people add way too much content to a single tour.

5: You MUST be able to choose you OWN images and compress them how YOU like with what software you like!

6: You should be able to call from (2 sets) of panorama images. One Low Res and the Hi Res fullscreen version as needed. NOT all downloaded and cached to memory.

Anyway, that's how I see it. I don't like all the doomsday comments and threats of this and that - but you all have the right too them. As for there being better out there WHERE is my question? 3DVista is a joke and has always been one, if you think it's better or even good your not walking the same planet as me.

In the end most of these tour makers don't live up to people's expectations. Based on what I have seen even if the upgrade is free - people will still complain because it won't handle 10 scenes with pop-up images a skin and poxy background music and pan silky smooth under any conditions with any computer.

Thats the whole problem I think. People's computers are not up to it. Maybe yours is? But what about the customer/client etc? You don't have control over this.

Easypano have produced the DEMO tour and yes the images aren't 100% and the stitching could be better but this doesn't really matter! They obviously believe the quality is good (at least on there computers) otherwise why announce it to the public? Like I said, it plays fine on my system.

Forget fullscreen for tours that's just too much for basic computers to handle. Select a viewer size and optimize the panorama images to fit. Perhaps you could try different computers to see where you notice differences?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
I don't want to argue with you Smooth, but I think the point others are trying to make, is that whether they have a super computer or not, we expect new tour versions to play just as smooth as other viewers that we see out there.

The fact is that, there are decent full-screen and normal view flash viewers out there that DO work fine on an "average computer" - And since Easypano is the highest priced solution available, I don't think that it is wrong for us to expect a good flash viewer in normal and full screen that will display nicely on an average pc...

Just my thoughts...

As for 3DVista - I wasted $450 on that - and put out 6 tours the same day I got the software - I got complaints about all 6 tours within a day... What a waste... And 360dof... haha - I don't understand how they expect to sell that software (ok well I was dumb enough to buy it and never use it) - Have they ever looked at their demos?
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
I fully agree with Smooth.

I haven't seen any flash-panorama on the Internet which isn't quirky! Don't expect an utopia of EP.

On my computer the Flash-tour plays OK, not great, but acceptable (and yes, sometimes quirky).

EP, at first glance it looks great, but please provide your TW2-customers with a free upgrade!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
Check this out Anyone know about this?
Kerry

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
Hi Kerry,  your eye sight might now be better than mine. [hope all is well].  This looks like shades of TW.
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com