panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
Hi Dave, It is Flash.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
Kerry & Tex - That link is to plansandtours.com virtual tours - not TW - They use flash and quicktime - Nice program but very costly to setup an account with them and then they charge 12.50 to 20 USD to host EACH tour... I have spoken with the owner many times. They lack the hotspots in the panos and the compass on the interactive floor plan - Otherwise I would consider a switch...

Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
It is Flash with QT Panos. Sort of the Flash tour Bruce showed a while back.
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-07-12
Quote: Originally posted by Thatone1785 on July-12-2007
I don't want to argue with you Smooth, but I think the point others are trying to make, is that whether they have a super computer or not, we expect new tour versions to play just as smooth as other viewers that we see out there.

The fact is that, there are decent full-screen and normal view flash viewers out there that DO work fine on an "average computer" - And since Easypano is the highest priced solution available, I don't think that it is wrong for us to expect a good flash viewer in normal and full screen that will display nicely on an average pc...

Just my thoughts...

As for 3DVista - I wasted $450 on that - and put out 6 tours the same day I got the software - I got complaints about all 6 tours within a day... What a waste... And 360dof... haha - I don't understand how they expect to sell that software (ok well I was dumb enough to buy it and never use it) - Have they ever looked at their demos?

No argument from me mate!

I agree but my opinion is, it doesn't exist and is not likely too. You need modern more powerful computers to get a decent result. Even more modern may not be enough, because some onboard graphics cards just aren't good enough.

The way around this is to build things separately and link to them. Like the small tour QT fullscreen hotspots. That is the type of system TW3 needs/needed to be in my opinion (but then I was asked). Trying it make it one big file is the major issue.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-12

I think by typing this I may be beating a dead horse but here is goes:

I've produced over 200 real estate tours with TW2 and everytime I publish one I hesitate to do so thinking how nice TW1.3 was.  But my customers really like the full screen version so I keep doing them.  Personally I have little need for the map and hotspot capabilites but I guess it is nice to have.  I have spent hours and hours trying to get TW2 to work right for my needs.  I used to work at a software company and we would have been in big trouble if we would have released software with so many bugs.

I will be very dissapointed in EP if they don't give use TW2 users a free upgrade!  If there is no free upgrade I will be writing my own interface for immervisions viewer but I would rather have a life.

Come on EP, get with the program (no pun intended)

Tim

www.dvt360.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-13
Hi Tim,

In response to your post, how dificult is it to write your own interface for Immervision's viewer? I really like Immervision's player and Flash solution, best out there so far I have seen, but everything has to be hand coded which is a shame.

The ideal would be their smooth player built around a software application for both Windows AND Mac with all the functionality that Tourweaver gives us. I have been considering writing my own software application tailored to my needs and the needs of the industry for quite some time but I have just been waiting to see what happens with EP. Now this joke of a product TW 2.0 has come out and the supposedly worse version 3.0 on its way I am now seriously considering revisiting my idea. I have been discussing writing my own application with a software engineer friend of mine and he has informed me that what i want to do is possible. Any thoughts from your end?

If I decide to go ahead with it then I will be inviting every VR provider I can possibly find to submit their ideas to me of what they want in an industry revolutionising product!!!!! Then I will write it encorporating everyone's suggestions for functionality and then sell it at a fair and reasonable price to anyone who wants to buy it. I am so sick of relying and waiting on other software companies to write software to do what I want it to that I am just going to do it myself. At the present moment it is still just an idea of mine but fast becoming a reality I think.

Nick
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-13

Hey Nick,

I had the same idea and it's nearing completion.  We developed an application to output a tour in SPi-V, PurePlayer and PurePlayerPro for Java.  No coding necessary - just point the program to your files (panos, maps, hotspots, buttons, etc)  We are stuck however on the PurePlayer for Flash.  We can't seem to remove the splash screen that comes with it.  We got pretty sick and tired coding SPi-V panos and spent a few months figuring out how to automate it.  It turned out to work very well for Immervision too.  Have you messed with code behind PurePlayer for Flash at all??

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-13

I personally don't have the skills to code flash, nor do I have the capabilities of even creating a GUI for a front end to immervision.  I'm the type that learned from the command line point of view.  First in DOS then in BASH (UNIX).  My solution was going (or will be now) to buy a front end to immervision or create my own using a script or preferably create tours in TW2 and then write a conversion script that converts the config.txt file to the xml needed by immervision.  I think this will work for me since what I do is cookie cutter.  This probably will not work for anything custom.  Anything to get rid of that awful .jpe idea. The straw that broke the camels back was the decision to make us TW2 users pay for TW3.  Sorry EP, bad move.

I don't have a crystal ball but my guess is that after previewing the sample output of TW3 and our experiences with TW2 there will be other options coming our way very soon.  Too bad really.  EP had a good thing going with TW1.3, a very good creation tool with TW2 but unfortunately the final output fell short for folks requiring a top notch output. 

I guess I will be heading over to the forums of immervision, perhaps my work has already been done.  If anybody out there knows of one, post it here of contact me privately.

www.dvt360.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-07-14

Don't want to rain on your parade guys but if you do write anything for Immervision you will be sued. The Canadian company have this written into the EULA and any attempt outside their own offices and timeline is frowned upon.

Thomas from Pano2QTVR could have offered this looooooong ago and was cut short.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-14
Quote: Originally posted by daugaard47 on July-12-2007
I was,really looking forward to this release ,but I am disappointed once again . Look at this site . This company designed this by them selfs .I talked to them and there Template is Not for Sale! Can you, Easy Pano Give ME Something Like This.http://virtually-anywhere.com/

Yea, at over $3000 per tour I guess it WOULDN'T be for sale!!!

Maybe I should re-think my VT rates!!

Bill