panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-17
Hi ROLE,

I am only an HTML programmer and not even much at that. I use a WYSIWYG editor to build all my web sites. I mainly concentrate on the graphis side of things and taking great panos rather than coding everything by hand. So that is why I have been talking to other programmers to see if what I want to do is possible.

I am interested to hear more about what you came up with for the front end to immervision's player. If you want to contact me directly you can go through my web site www.vrtours.com.au.

Smooth do you know if any one can build their own tourweaver type software application which doesn't have anything to do with immervision's player and not be in breach of any legal responsibilities? Surely EP can't control every product that comes out which does something slightly the same as their product?

Nick.
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-07-17

EP only have control over their own offerings.

Immervision the same but you can't go modifying people's copyright code without permission or you will be sued for sure.

Anyone can write their own software and viewer without any real issue. But you can't steal other people's work. If you do you will be challenged.

Open source software is the way to go if you want to do this sort of thing. If you think Immervision is the best then hammer them to build the front end. Same goes for all the other quality viewers on the market.

Easypano are obviously doing their best. They just don't go about things the right way in my eyes.

If people are not happy there's always PT Viewer open source and free.

Regards, Smooth 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-17
Yep fair enough. I might try hammering a few companies first before proceeding down the track of writing my own software. There is no point inventing the wheel again but Easypano have really dropped the ball in my opinion!

God bless open source though!

Nick.
For the highest quality virtual tours around visit www.vrtours.com.au!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-07-17

That's the whole thing. There are some superior viewers out there but they just don't have a decent GUI/Front end. Then there's some that have a good front end and a crappy viewer. The two have not met in the middle as yet.

If your into coding YES, you can build better tours with some other products. If you can't code and "can't be bothered" then software like Tourweaver is the best option.

You must remember (maybe you don't?) but Easypano use to be a frontend for PT Viewer.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-18
 Ticket Info
Ticket ID: 4747
Category: Upgrade
Subject: SalesService: Tourweaver 3.0
Description: Hello:

I appreciate your softwares; thank you for your contstant work to improve them.

I upgraded from Tourweaver 1.3 to 2.0 when the new version was released. I plan on upgrading to 3.0 soon. Is there a fee or is this a free upgrade for registered 2.0 customers?

Thanks again.

Gordon
Product: Tourweaver2.00.070530
 Ticket Notes
7/16/2007 10:44:33 PM Carolyn [220.248.36.42]
Action: Resolve Ticket
Dear Gordon,

Thanks for your interest in tw3.

It hasn't been decided whether the upgrade is free or not. I'll notify you when the official version is available, or pay attention to the news on our website.

Any more questions, please feel free to contact us. 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-18
The official word for now...Film at 11.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-19

Hey Nick,

We have developed a front-end for SPi-V and PurePlayer Pro, but at the risk of legal action, we have decided to reserve it to in house use.  Since we can turn around hours of coding in minutes, we are thinking about offering our coding speed as a service.  Let us do the coding for you!!  I don't know if this will catch on but we'll give it a whirl.  Do you think people would go for this?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-19

ROLE, I think that is a great idea. I was experimenting with the spi-v viewer last night.... while I'm a graphic artist and can poke my way though flash, just browsing through the how-to section kind of blew me away.

I wish there was a set of actions that I could copy and paste into flash that would allow me to control the spi-v player.... so all I would need to do is assign a button the action, slap in some varibles and tada... a virtual tour much that would be customizable like TW but friendly like flash. I'm not sure if there could be any legal action... due to the fact that you are only suppling the code for someone else to creat the gui. I know I would buy this in a heart beat!!!!!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-21

Many of you know me for my 50 plus skins I have created. As a EP fan with Version 1.3. I bought 2.00 and even know it is the most expensive software, I bought it out of loyalty. However I have not used it yet for any completed projects. I needed 2 things. Flash support and the ability to install it on more then 1 PC. It should be a "business" license ,not a per PC license.

Then I heard that us devoted customers weren't eligible to receive the free upgrade to 3.0 just gave me shivers.

Java is not as supported as Flash. I tried demoing someof my VT's to clients and the had to go 10 minutes of installing Java plugin, where as Flash is a 2 second add-on and most people have it.

I sure hope theres light at the tunnel for the awaiting 3.00

Alex - Graphics Designer

http://www.ihearyadevelopments.com/virtualtour