panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-15

how detailed are your floorplans?

I'm thinking of using floorplans, and have checked out some of the 3rd party products suggested in other topics.

I've downloaded a trail version and just have to ask those of you that are doing this, how detailed are you getting??

Are you making sure all the measurements are correct, or are you guessing?

In my area, agents aren't measuring their listings so they don't have rough floorplans available. I cringe at the thought of becoming a photographer/floorplan creator.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-15

Finally a girl on here, not many of those - Yeee Haaa CowGirl!

Here are my thoughts...

If you are displaying the measurements then they should be accurate, otherwise I would say just make them estimates and make sure it looks proportionate and correct.

Make sure you charge extra for floor plans you have to create from scratch.

If you don't want to learn floor plan software, you can outsource it. There should be a few people here that can do it, Vilmer is a draftsman - hes done one for me - Smooth helps everybody with things, not sure if he does floor plans, wouldn't hurt to ask him.

CowGirl Up! Roadkill Out

Roadkill
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-15

Hmm think about this for a minute. The visitor has a need to sort though the other 100 properties to narrow the search down to say.. 5 most likely properties that fit their selection criteria.  

Most visitors have a general visual idea for what they are looking for in a property layout.  Your panorama work shows the "Product"  and the layout drawing is a supporting graphic that shows the shape of the product.  Thumbnail photos replace residential renderings.

This property floor plan layout maybe as simple as a hand drawn sketch on a piece of paper.  As long as it reasonably represents room size and orientation.. I think thats good enough.  The layout sketch can have a small note that says "You got to see this in person" before you buy it.   And they will.

The concept is simple,  show the product - show the product..... if you try to do an architectural drawing with all the dimensions.. that might be information overload for the visitor.    The home buyer is looking at your panoramas and sketched room layout to see where the kitchen refigerator, range, ovan, sink is located to see if it fits with their needs.  All we are doing is helping them sort out all the other 99 properties out.. and find that one property that is JUST RIGHT.

THEN they will personally arrange for a real time visit and personal assessment... thats what the real estate broker is paid to do.

Just a thought based on real experience of buying 8 or 10 homes over 40 years.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-15
We create about 30-40 Interactive floor plans every month for local real estate agents, and they really seem to like it a lot even though the cost is typically double or more than the cost of a tour only.

Home buyers seem to love this because they get a true feel for the home without being there - You know what bedroom you are looking at as the scene pans with an interactive floor plan, and you know what floor you are on.

As far as details, we add all interior lines and room dimensions accurate to the nearest inch. All symbols in the kitchen and bathrooms as well as all doors and windows.

With that said - If I could start all over again, I would offer virtual tours and only offer interactive floor plans if THEY supplied the floor plan. Floor plans are a lot of work and can sometimes be very hard to draw.

Hope this helps
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-30
If you are wise, and of course you are, you will click here
for the best, fastest and cheapest floor plans service ever.
I will be hearing from you..

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-16
The term "Virtual Tours" according to an online Encyclopedia - "A virtual tour (or virtual reality tour) is virtual reality simulation of an actually existing location. A virtual tour evokes the sense of observing or moving through the represented space."

Most realtor virtual tours are slide shows comprised of awful photographs.

As far as I am concerned, it is not a virtual tour unless it contains an interactive floorplan that they can virtually walk through. I shoot every single room (except utiltity) and show where I was standing when I shot. With out a floor plan, people virtually don't know anything about the house other than, if it is furnished, what the furniture looks like. Where is the family room, the kitchen etc. These questions should be answered in a true VT.

If the realtor is paying me, I will sketch out the floor plan. The plan has to fit in a specific size area on the skin so it won't be true to scale any way.

Here is a link to show you don't need a "to scale floor plan" to convey the idea.
Sample Tour
If you are going to look at it, look at the instructional video to understand what I have done.

Sorry for the long epistle.
Kerry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-16

I do not know how it is in any other countries, but i Denmark, a floor plan is a must, and every realtor expect that you provide a floor plan. That means measuring and drawing the floor plan.

When it comes to photography most house presentations are awfull. I can't decide if I should start targeting this market in Denmark. I know I can provice a superior solution, but there is 1 BIG company that hold the majority of the market for photography and they are very cheep.

You can see my contribution to a realtor tour here - just click the image.

@ Kerry

I really like your icons for still images and for 360 degree images. Did you make them your self or did you buy them some where? And if so, can you please tell me where? I would love to use them in my own tours 

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-16
Thanx for the promotion Roadkill, appreciate it!

@ All, I will make a post later this week about the possibilities of outsourcing your floor plans to yours faithfully.

Wide-eyes, your link is broken.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-16

@Vilmer

Thanks. The link is: http://wideeyes.dk/tours/parcelhusmaegleren/bangsbovej56_rundtur/360rundtur.html

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-18
Morten did you get the gif files that I sent you?
Kerry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-07-18

Hi Kerry

NO it is strange I had not recieved anything from you. Untill I checked my spam filter. And there it was.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Best regards

Morten Andersen