panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-04

Need some more help please.

Well I've found 2.0 still a bit buggy on my computer. I've managed to crash the program a couple of times and actually had the program need to close upon selecting the "save" button. My heart goes out to this entire users group who have lost their projects after many hours of work without the ability to retrieve their work.

In my case I am working with the fully functional demo version 2.0 and am still evaluating pending a purchase decision before the Aug 10th offer deadline.

I had previously downloaded and printed the 1.3 users manual and I'm finding 2.0 to be a different animal and interface. I have been using the included "help" menu from within the Tour Weaver Demo 2.0  to try translate the navigation around the new interface.

My questions to the forum:

1). Can one easily set the direction of the spin of a scene from clockwise to counter clockwise? I see in scene parameters that all the initial  scene settings can be set including "spin" rate. It would seem logical to add spin direction here in these parameters.

2). I also would like to do a scripted zoom out from an initial view point of a scene to spin left to reveal the other relevant scene information. I guess I need to create a scene "movie" to accomplish this task? Has anyone noticed a degradation in the quality of the newly created scene movie?

3). It seemed that adding "actions" in the hot spot dialogue screen would allow me to accomplish the above tasks without having to create a "movie". But when editing the hotspot link parameters I am only allowed to add one"action" at a time and not stack multiple actions does not seem that I have the ability to add multiple actions in given order. Of course the first and primary action is to choose the linked scene. This opens a sub menu which leads to a transitions menu with the choices of: "None" , "Fade in Fade Out", and "Blinds". But when consulting the software help menu there is mention of a "custom" or "walk through" mode that is available. This is what I think I need to set a customized transitions "script" as it were to this scene. A script describing a zoom movement and initial Fov to ending Fov info as well as spin rate and direction info. It would also be nice to save this custom ''action" and be able to reload the parameters that  I just created and reload and use this custom transition for another scene. Is this a bug that I can't find the "custom" or "walk through" option in the transition effects drop-down menu option? Or in Ver 2.0 did creating a scene movie replace this menu option?

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-04

To change the spin direction just do -spin (negative spin on the speed choice dropdown box. So very easy to change that.

AzPowers

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-08-04

Thanks AZ!

Geeezzzzz that's intuitive I don't know how I missed that one! I didn't realize that the spin speed actually had a slider that would go negative let alone what result a negative spin rate would produce. It spins your scene to the left Oh..... O.K.!

Still trying to publish first tour. Did I read there was a direct FTP option or does one publish locally then FTP the folder to server?

Also I have changed scene parameters specifically in my first scene such as the initial view including pan, tilt, and FOV and then I'll save the project, and preview .The changes don't seem to take effect. In most of these tour creation soft-wares you can't set the initial view of the first or default scene. Does anybody know if this is the case with Tourweaver?. I'll preview after making the changes and sure enough no change. In fact now some of my scenes actually stop in mid spin... time out and then dissolve to the next scene in the auto or default movie.  

Does it make sense to also "optimize" often as that seems to include a save feature?

Thanks in advance Forum. 

Jack