panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-15

tw1.3 vs tw3

Hi everyone.

So I have briefly tested the new tw3. I wanted to start it simple and convert an existing tour (a tw 1.3 tour) to tw3. I was pleased to learn that it is actually possible to open a tw1.3 tour in tw3. 

However it is NOT possible jsut to publish it and expect everything to be working. The tour I made is very simple, but here is what I learned that have to be adjusted:

1) Scene Speed.

The default scene speed is initially way to fast in tw3. But as thedhgroup mention in this thread you just have to set the speed to +2 so that is an easy fix.

2) Hotspots

In tw3 you have to ad an action to your scene hotspots - otherwise nothing will happen when you click the arrows leading to the next scene .

I have also added a link to a .pdf document in the skin. When the tour is published as a tw1.3 file the link is blocked by the pop up blocker. But in the tw3 it os not caught by any pop up blocker

I have published both tours so you can compare. They can be found here:

http://www.wideeyes.dk/tours/park/parktest.html 

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-16

Thanks for the info Morten.

Can you tell me how you created the full screen flash tour with the ability to select from various scenes?  Is this hard to do?  Are you using Panoweaver 5.0 to produce this?

Thanks for your help.

Robert

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-09-16

Hi Robert

I don't mind telling you, but I did not mention the full screen tour, because it is made with a compeeting software, and it would not be fair to EP to write about the competitors in here.

If you send me an email at morten@wideeyes.dk then I will reply with an answer. 

Best regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve