panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-08

Exchanging Images

I had expected Tourweaver to compress JPEG images. But it seemed it would only do it to the JAVA not FLASH folder.

So I went to the Tab "Images" and replaced all my images (with smaller pixel size ones)

1) The hotspots are still around, wrong place of course and with lost action

2) The images since they have the same name from different folder got renamed to 1_whatever.jpg. Pulldowns dont have the names anymore and I have to click on the pulldown again to select all images.

Same with textbox 

QUESTION

What am I doing wrong?
How to change source images efficiently without loosing all the links and stuff

Regards

Markus 

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-08

More trouble

I have some hotspots visible in preview that are not there when I am in the hotspot mode. Kind of leftovers from bevor.

Grrrh

Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-08

You swap out the images in the Scene folder. Not in the program itself.

Be sure to keep the image names the same.

This way you have 100% control over the compression. It's the feature will were screaming for and Easypano did the right thing by making this possible (again).

If you remove the images from the tour (within the program) and replace them, you lose the hotspots etc.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-08
Quote: Originally posted by marktold on October-08-2007

More trouble

I have some hotspots visible in preview that are not there when I am in the hotspot mode. Kind of leftovers from bevor.

Grrrh

Markus

If you add and pull items from the tour and replace again etc. Like Hotspots you really need to save the project to a completely new folder.

Delete the error tour folder and all it's contents once you have saved the new project into a new folder.

The software has some quirk's but they are easy to work around if you put a little thought or a little testing in place.

Regards, Smooth