http://luzern.marktold.com

- click on Java
- choose in pulldown "Almend" very last entry
- see where the hotspots are.

to the same on Flash

- hotspots are on different spots

Anyone noticed this?

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-08

Hi Markus

Yes I can see what you mean.

In the Java version, the hotspots are located just a bit higher in the picture then in the flash version.

By the way - it is also worth mentioning that the flash version loaded much slower then the java. But in the java version the pano started spinning while the picture was blan 'n'white.

I have to admid that I just did one test with the new tw3 and the panoramas was not as sharp as with tw1.3. The last releases of tw2 & tw3 compared to what else is happening in the virtual reality market have made me look elsewhere to find new virtual tour solutions.

Best regards
Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-08

Thanks for testing

I use a tool called netlimiter 2 pro which lets you limit the network traffic to any speed you want for any programm.

I limited Internet Explorer to 64kb which is about ISDN speed.

Java Version - Loading bar does absolutely not work in any way (just spends time)

A totoal of only 600 kb show to be transmitted even though alle images of the scenes are 1 MB each. So I assume that at least 7 MB should be transfered.

Flash Version - Loading bar actually seems to have a functinality and waits for the first szene to be loaded. More data is transfered when the first scene is laoded. Problem with flash is that if the scene of a hotspot is not loaded yet a click on the hotspot is ignored and pano pans again.

I would expect and hope for a new loading bar in TW 3.1

As for now I think the JAVA version is still the better choice then FLASH. Even though hotspost are at the wrong place and stuff.

At the moment I am at a situation I CAN NOT even use TW 3.0 to make as simple demo application because of the hotspots beeing in wrong places and so on.

Very sad and hope to have a 3.1 version soon with lots of fixes in it

Regards Markus

Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)