panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-08

Tourweaver Wish List (October 2007)

After attempting to help many others either here on the forum or via private tuition it has become clear Tourweaver needs:

1) Textarea Hyperlinks

Simple HTML commands will do. http://, Mailto:, would do for a start. It is a 100% required feature and should have always been part of Textarea options.

2) Textarea Image Hyperlinks/Hotspots

It should be possible to add a hotspots (positionable) or hyperlink (whole image) to a Testarea Image. Same as you would on a forum using normal forum codes.

3) Scene Loading Bar

This should work in conjunction with the "Pre-Loading Image" and be factual to the weight in KB/MB of the panorama scene. Possibly could or should be an option in flash for the flash based tours.

4) Tour Loading Bar (Java)

The tour loading bar needs to actually be relevant to the tour and do something useful. By being factual to the weight in KB/MB of the panorama tour (or at least intial skin and first scene)

5) NEW (Imagearea) Hyperlinks/Hotspots

This would be a NEW option that would be similar to Textarea and should contain all options listed above for Textarea. But be changed to reflect "Image". Because having images listed under "text" is bizarre! and a tad confusing to users.

6) Multiple Actions

Often asked is for the option of multiple actions to be able to be set to the one button. I.E: Sound & Link to Scene. It should be possible with one click to set more than one action into play.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-22
The possibility of changing the text size and font for thumbnails when the Name Visible is checked, would be a nice option.  

ActionPhoto International
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-22

I would love to see video supported as I sure everyone one else would.  I just do not see panowalker ever really working on a feasability scale. (though the concept is awsome)

DaMan

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-24

Video Output:

Seeing as the output from Tourweaver to video needs to be "re-mastered" anyway to get the file onto a DVD that works. I would think it would be better that the output file is uncompressed .avi.

The settings within Tourweaver compress the video much to hard, giving a poor quality. At the very least it should be of DVD bit rate standard of 5000.

The video file looks reasonable on an old analog TV at 576p but on new High Definition LCD or Plasma 1080p it is quite poor viewing.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-25
Ok, dealing with clients that are somewhat slow in getting requested information back to us, like specific scene descriptions, it would be nice if the scene descriptions could be pulled from an external text file that the client could edit themselves.  We've had tours on hold for weeks, waiting on the client.  This way we could complete the tour, bill for tour, and let them edit the scene descriptions to their hearts desire.  Just a thought as I sit here spinning tours.
Cheers
Donald Hill
don@Our360World.com
Our360World.com
Nikon D200 | Nikon 10.5 | Nodal Ninja 5L | PW 5 | TW 3
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-26

Going back to my comment on supporting video, I would like to clarify what I meant. 

1. Allow objects like video clips inserted into the tour not just images.

2.  As Smooth said fix the compression of the video to match todays higher standard DVD quality and let us worry about bit rate and file size with third party software.  That would give us the flexabilty to do what we want with it. EX. I have a reale estate company that wants the 360 tour on DVD that they can display on their HD LCD that hangs in their window so people see if as they walk by.  It is a great eye catcher.

Lets hear from everyone on this PLEASE!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-26
Concerning video, incorporating flv flash video (which would be easier in term of compatibility) would be great especially since it is h264 compatible (greater quality) with the latest player (granted, it requires the last player)

thierry
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-26

In agreement with Smooth and DaMan,

Please fix the compression of the video output.

I have already lost a contract due to the quality of the video output. When tested on a large screen, from a DVD, the quality was terrible.

Regards,

new2this

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-10
One more suggestion

It would be very handy if the positioning of pop up window was changed so that it could appear in any place of the presentation window (not only in 9 points)
I'd like the pop up window to appear exactly over the scene viewer or text area.

Regards, Taczer

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-12
  • For more comlex web applications, I wish an "execute script" field for each scene! The script runs when the scene is loaded! It is important becouse I often use many frames for building a multiple exhibition, and i would like to fill my frames, when a scene is loaded, not only when I push a button!
  • The textarea, textarea-image actions are really important too,
    but the perfect key for me should be the following:
    I would like to place texts, images, buttons, to the surface of a textarea!
    It works like an "objects area", what i can link to scenes, maps.
  • I would like a low quality publish is flash, with the motion of version 070817. :-)

Csaba -
www.3dvirtualistura.hu
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-12
  • Textareas needs about 5 pixel margin on their inside! Sometimes the texts attach to the scrollbar fully!
  • It will be good to show texts full justify. Many customers of mine asks that.

Csaba -
www.3dvirtualistura.hu