panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-17

Hey Smooth, I was not trying to shoot you in my post....as I said I really appreciate your posts and consider your posts the most informative here.  I have asked people to look at my tour and I have also posted comments about the Fullscreen Java not working..  Here is my tour if you would like to see it... I have redone the photographs so the saturation is better so the picture qualit is not the problem.  But in Fullscreen mode it locks up when I goto different room with the hotspots.  It locked up in different spots so there is no consistant error.  I have also updated my Java to see if that was the problem, but that did not help.  Also since the update I can not use the control bar on fullscreen. LOL 

My MAJOR issue is that I bought TW3.0 Pro for the Fullscreen capabilities because that is what my customers wanted.  So I spent $1,000.00 and what did I get????!!!! I am not the only one with these issues, my point was they should never have released TW3.0, it should still be in beta phase.

From EP home page  "With this virtual tour software, you may make 360 fullscreen virtual tours with interactive multiple maps, hotspot, radar, walkthrough, audio, video, dynamic text, etc. " 

Sorry but I am a little upset, 1. wasted money 2. feel cheated 3. Lost huge customer becasue I could not deliver Fullscreen stability 4. Time is money and I have to wait for a stable TW3.0 !!!! How long nobody knows.

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-17

I took a quick look at your tour. I did get it to freeze in fullscreen mode after I clicked on the next scene button. Prior to that it was working fine.

Why can't you publish it in Flash? Have you tried?

Have you tested the tour with Microsoft JVM instead of Sun Java?

Regards, Smooth  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-18

Smooth, I'm not shooting you because of an opinion, I appreciate the help you contribute with on this forum.

I think it's kinda strange that I'm experiencing the kind of problems that I do inside of TW 3.0, like pictures suddenly going missing after publish, buttons relocating and so on, as explained in earlier posts.
The problem I've got when it comes down to posting examples or showing the errors I'm experiencing is that it all happens "inside" of TW 3.0. No point for me in posting a tour with no pics in it for you to look at, since there is nada to look at.
Both on my old XP computer and on my new Vista I don't get any error messages what so ever to cut and paste into a post. The only thing remotely resembling an error message is a small pop up dialog from Windows saying that Tourweaver has encountered an error and will be terminated. This happens in both XP and Vista. I humbly refuse to accept that this is a user driven error since it can happen in various situations.
A couple of examples: When adding more than one pano at a time tourweaver terminates, when doing a preview of a tour the preview shows up and runs fine but the Tourweaver app turns grey and terminates in the background. Please notice that this happens on computers, both XP and Vista, where there is nothing else installed than TW 3.0 in addition to the OS of course.

I really don't know how to address this problem that's why I'm so frustrated.
We've got a contract with a large Norwegian oil drilling company and I would like more than ever to use TW 3.0 because of all the possibilities it holds. We're wasting loads of time with these problems because we have to make "multilevel tours" with single 1.3 tours "wrapped" in Flash like this tour http://www.action-photo.no/holmsbumultilevel_eng.html.
Sure, it works, but it would be so much neater to be able to do an all in one with several buttons with TW 3.0.

ActionPhoto International
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-18

OK, after playing with the fullscreen version for DaMan and it freezing after clicking the next scene button. Sun Java has packed it in and I cannot view your http://www.action-photo.no/holmsbumultilevel_eng.html tour.

To prove this is a Sun Java issue and not a Tourweaver issue I then switched to Microsoft JVM and viewed your tour as expected. I then switched back to Sun Java but again your tour doesn't load in the viewer window. Now you say it is version 1.30 built and not TW 3.0 so it only goes to show it is a Java stability issue. (not withstanding some of the other complaints with Tourweaver) 

I guess after I "reboot" my computer your 1.30 tour will be able to be viewed via Sun Java.

The upshot is Java sux and always has done. This why people have been screaming out for Flash and the reason why "ALL" developers are working on and developing Flash. Java for tours is going to be a distant memory very soon if I'm reading the market correct.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-18

I totally agree with you on the Java issue, that's why I'm so pi**ed about not getting TW 3.0 to work properly, cause I urge for the Flash option.

Do you have any suggestions what so ever on what can be causing the issues mentioned in my earlier posts?

Any help is of course highly appreciated!

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-18
Quote: Originally posted by stampede on October-18-2007

suggestions what so ever on what can be causing the issues mentioned in my earlier posts?

Any help is of course highly appreciated!

Mate, where do I start?

The issue you have with Vista Ultimate and the screen flicker on start up is because "Vista Ultimate" attempts to do artistic entries and exists with software (Like Apple) only Vista Ultimate does this and really it's just a gimmick.

From what I understand all Easypano programs are written on a Java Code Platform Runtime (this has nothing to do with your panoramas being displayed in Java) but the way the programming language is used to compiled the program. This is why you are asked to install a specifically version of Java platform when installing the program on your own PC. Perhaps if you fail to do this it will cause issue's? You should check and confirm you have the recommended Java platform installed so the program can work as expected. Also is the Platform Runtime version of Java compatible with Vista?

You Hotspots moving is not something I have ever seen, though others have reported some movement between Java and Flash output (Reported some 40 pixels max). The answer I suppose is to check this in the "preview" and then adjust as necessary. If the preview method doesn't work you would have to publish "spot the pixel error" and then re-edit, adjust and publish again.

You should also "ALWAYS" publish to a completely new folder and never overwrite an old file. Same thing when saying your project. Save as a completely new name. I.E, My_Tour would be saved as My_Tour_V2 etc.

I will also reintegrate that you must learn to use only English A-Z, a-z, 0-9 letters and numerals. You should learn not to use CaPs or leave spaces

My Tour = BAD

my_tour = GOOD

Anyway these are pointers, suggestions and thoughts.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-18

another though!

The preview within the Tourweaver program.....

Have you noticed differences between what you see there and your final published panorama? Yes? Well I think you will find that it is using Microsoft JVM in the preview and possibly you are using Sun Java via your browser.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-18

Smooth, would you do me a favor and check this tour out. Don't mind the pic quality they are only 2800x1400. What pic size do you recommend for flash tours with the fullscreen option?  I'd appreciate if you could check it for any flaws when you've got the time. It's made with TW 3.0 and published only as a Flash movie.

Thanx...

http://www.action-photo.no/ch_royal_flashdemo.php#

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-10-18

Erik,

I looked at your many panoramas in your tour.

The tour itself worked flawlessly in both normal and fullscreen. I tested all the buttons and load screens etc. All good!

As for the panoramas themselves. The quality is good enough to make your tour usable. No problem there. Could they be improved? Yes, of course. You have Vignetting issues, Chromatic Aberration issues and the images aren't all that sharp or clear into the distance. The patching is fair but not seamless. There is evidence of staircasing Anti-Alias issues. This can be a result of not choosing a good zoom level to start the FOV and of course the limitation of the viewer itself.

Size 2800x1400 seems fair for load speed vs display. Personally I wouldn't go below 3000x1500 and more than likely not smaller than 4000x2000 (But with so many images in the tour you have to find a compromise).

This begs the question on what equipment you are using? What price you are charging and or course is the customer happy?

My overall summery is that the tour presents well. The skin is clean and basic and does everything I would want to use as a consumer. (Except your HELP button doesn't do a whole lot!) Looks to be a salable package to me.

I hope I have answered your question?

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-10-29

Easypano has done some incredible stuff with their current team of Java programmers that have created easypano and tourweaver. The problem is you can't use the same programmers that created all this ingenuous low level code and have them build a normal User Interface. In fact, all user interfaces built with Java all seem to be buggy on a Windows OS. Their next version they should use Microsoft C# or some other higher level programming language with real UI programmers no Java programmer while keeping their existing Java geniuses to build the core libraries that do the dirty work.