panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-05

Firefox

Got a Flash tour - works in IE, not in Firefox - any suggestions. Both are up to date with Flash etc:

http://360ocala.com/flash/cfcc/cfcc2.html#

Thanks in advance

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-05
I tried your tour in IE and in FF, and you're right. It doesn't work in FF.

When I browse your [scene]-folder I only see an empty folder [res]. I don't see your Where are you hosting your tour? At a computer at home/business or at a hostingcompany?

When I browser your [scene]-folder of your Java-tour (found it in your other post), I can see al the .jpe-files. Did you upload everything? (I know, stupid questions, but sometimes stupid questions resolves larger problems.)

It's the only thing I can think of. Success!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-05

Yes, everything is uploaded - the Flash tour works in IE but not Firefox. The Java tour works on both IE & Firefox.

Thanks for the response.

(whats this, is Smooth taking a day off today?)

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-05

I looked with IE 6 and Flash player 9.x and it works.

For Foxfire browser folks..you might need to return to Foxfires web site and see if they have any add-on's that will make FF work for you. I did download Flash player 9 for Firefox from Adobe and I get the loading progress bar.. but it stops at 50% and says it waiting for your server to do something.

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-05

Dave,

Thats the problem, it works in IE & hangs up at approx 50% loaded in FF..

Anyone else had this problem? Also, can anyone using a Mac try the Flash tour for me - I dont have access to one & would like to know if it works.

http://360ocala.com/flash/cfcc/cfcc2.html#

Thanks

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-05
Yep. It hangs up in FF at around 50%.

Do you have a linux server?   If so, make sure the files are all in lowercase. Also, try using jpg files vs. jpe.

I had a similar problem. I decided to forgo the encryption and the problem disappeared.

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-05

Eagle,

So in order to get the tour to work in FF all files need to be in lowercase & jpg instead of jpe?

The lowercase thing really bugs me - not as much as having to use underscore between 2 word file names - they look really tacky and unprofessional in the end product tour.

Thanks - I think I will just say "Flash version of tour for Internet Explorer only"

Eagle, again, thanks for the reply - have a good one.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-05
Hi tellis,

I'm referring to hosting on a linux server. If you are hosted on a Windows server, then it shouldn't be a problem granted of course that is indeed the cause of the problem.

Thanks,
eagle
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2007-11-05
Quote: Originally posted by tellis on November-05-2007

(whats this, is Smooth taking a day off today?)

Yes! (I Wish)  

No, I will look into it but I can't see anything obvious and don't have the time to dig at the moment.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2007-11-08

I had to update flash player in order to view my Flash based tour in FF.  Having done this, it runs fine and without having to do the lower case thing and I am also operating on a linux server.

With your project, I also find that it doesn't get past the loading bar in FF

Don't worry about the lower case and underscore thing.  If it works for me, it should work for you and in any case, it would not matter in the case of your user interface.  You can have your text box items in normal text while your underlying file names (not visible to the site visitor) are all in lower case with underscores.

Try going through all your pre-publish settings.

I found with TW2, that when I had a problem with the output, sometimes reloading TW and republishing the tour resolved it.

When nothing else works, I build a light version of what I am trying to do with only one or two images but I build it in stages and publish and test it as I add new features until I get to the point where it breaks down.   

This is probably not very helpful but I have a feeling that this is something very simpple like an addressing issue. 

Alan

Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-10-02

I thought Tourweaver plug in "auto detection" for Flash  should have pointed you to Adobe's website to download current version.  Did redirection to Flash update page not work for you??

I just got some feedback from my client with same issue on Vista - Loading Bar stops at 50%  like its looking for something.... and not finding it. 

/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com