panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-14

How customizable is the virtual tour?

Hello.

I work for a hospital and we're investing to create virtual tours for our hospital locations. We're looking for a system's that's very customizable. We would like to:

1. Complete control of what the player looks like & brand the player with our hospital logo.
2. Add additional controls of navigation. In addition to adding thumbnails of different rooms, we would like buttons (or pulldown menu) for different floors.
3. Add hotspots within the tour view (panorama).
4. Add customized buttons, controls, and symbols.
5. Voice narration & text caption when touring a room.

By the way, does JRE need to be installed to view the final product?
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks!

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-14

I'm pretty sure the Pro version will do all of what you need, download the trial and check it out yourself - you can make a sample tour before you buy!

JRE needs to be installed if you publish the Java tour, but there is a flash version out now - clients wont need JRE to view that one.

Roadkill
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-14
I concur with roadkillron, the pro version seems to do everything you are asking for. You will of course also need a stitching program. Photoshop and various other programs to help with the quality of the finished product would be nice also.
This is a very ambitious project. Do you have someone with the expertise to undertake this large of a project? You've come to the right place for help and advice.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-01-14

Yep, what the guys have said.

Tourweaver Pro will do all you are asking. Still you will need to work with skill and patience and learn the quirks.

JRE is needed on the computer building the tours. Not necessary on those viewing if using the Flash output. Java and Flash though are pretty common on most every computer. 

Download the FREE trial and start learning the process. People here on the forum will help you out where needed I'm sure.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-15
Thanks for all your help, guys.
We have a team of web professionals so as long as there is a means of doing it, we can do it. I did download a trial and currently searching for the right lens. This software seems more solid than 360dof product which was not favorable.