panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-21
Thanks Martin, I did follow all the steps. I went back and this time I pressed the align button and all seemed to work OK this time. The instructions says it will align automaticly but it didn't. My image was upside down, is this normal? All I had to do was rotate it.
As for the sky, do you crop the Google image or the sky image? What procedure do you use in Photoshop to put the two together?
Thanks for all the help.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-21

Hi, Jerry!

Well I prefered to crop the sky image. It is smaller than the Google image, so I prefered to stretch it to fit the black sky of the stitched Google image. I used a sky downloaded from the site mentioned by Vilmer in the post in the Gallery section of this forum, regarding this issue. The images are small but did not loose to much quality. Where did you get the sky image from?? Thanks for any detail.

I had to align the images also and had to erase a lot of control points. Once done this the image aligns perfectly. But yes you have to optimize a few times, until the images is finally aligned.

I create a new layer with the sky image and placed it under the google image and then erase the black part of it with a brush set at 33% aprox. The idea is to create a blured horizon to give it some credibility.

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-21
Thanks Martin, maybe I'll get it all together. I have the sky images mentioned in the Gallery section post. I am also going to purchase this bundle of 10 sky's. I guess I'll also have to purchase the stitcher mentioned in the tutorial. Will post a link to one when I finish.
Anymore handy tips are always appreciated.
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-26
Well just when I thought I had ever thing figured out it seems to have gone to crap.
I have followed the instructions exactly as stated. One thing no one mentioned is that in the first thread everyone talked about having 41 images where the instructions stated 28 images. I was having all kind of problems trying to stitch the 41 images. So I went back and used the 28 images, figured this was what the template was designed for. But now none of the streets line-up as seen here. I did notice that there were no matching points for image 1 but the others had several points. I put in points but that just made matters worse.
Does anyone have an answer to what I may be doing wrong?? I even purchased the stitching program that the template was designed for. Sure would like to be able to use these in my tours.
Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-26
I also made a panorama from google earth and didn't have any difficulties. I used Realviz Stitcher to stitch them and it went without problems. Knowing that, I also know that PTGui should do the job also.

I used the 41 images.

Seeing your pano, it looks like you had too less matching points to let PTGui stitch perfectly. It also looks like your "bottom" picture is rotated.

Stitching images is something you should learn. And it may take a short while to get the hang of it.

If you want to, you can send me your 41 images and I will stitch them for you. (Then you know for sure your images are fine.) Send me a PM, then I will send you my e-mailaddress. (Or, just put "info@" before my domainname.)

One other thing: Google prohibites the use of their images for commercial purposes. So please read their EULA carefully to prevent any troubles with them before using a pano generated from their images.
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-26

Hi, Jerry!

I have  already offered you to send me the images. I can try. If you prefer send me the coordinates. Yes the tutorial says 28 images, but when I generate the file with the coordinates I end up with 41 images.

Did you follow the instructions of your new soft. Actually this is not the right place to talk about it, so I will not go further. I hope you understand.

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-01-26

I dare say the difference between the 28 and 41 images has to do with the elevation. Long time since I did the Sydney Olympic Site and Uluru back in 2006 but then I think it was just 28 images.

Really stitching for you Jerry will only yield one result without the understanding of how it works. Having a template that suits the 41 images would be beneficial but even still you need to learn how to make your own from scratch. It is also worth considering what has been mentioned about Google's EULA and non commercial display.

Also everybody please remember who owns this forums and try and keep subjects relevant to the products it supports and was designed for.

Regards, Smooth  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-26

Thanks Martin, I sent you 2 PM's. Not sure if you are getting them or not. You can email me at jbridges@kw.com .
disjo, I also sent you the files at your email address. Thanks

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-27

Thanks for all the information about Google's EULA and commercial use. I believe they can be used for commercial if one purchased the Pro license. I will do further research on this matter before I use them.
As for subjects relevant to the products this forum supports. I think this is very relevant as most of us will use Tourweaver to display the images in a tour. I also used Panoweaver to output the sample above. I have a full license for TW and PW as well as the other stitcher mentioned. Unfortuntatly PW will not do everything we need done and have to go outside Easypano sometimes. Trust me, it broke my heart to have to purchase the other programs. I do love Easypano products and the support we get here and never use other programs unless I just can't do it in Easypano products.
Thanks again for all the help.

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-01-27

Hi, Jerry!
Just send you a mail with the .mov file

Regards, Martin