panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-01

distortion line

HI Guys

I know this has been mentioned before but never saw a fix. When I publish any tours in tw3 pro in Java, I have a thin distortion line right down the middle of my viewer. Its not on the actual pano image as it doesnt move with the pano, it just sits down the middle vertically just like aomeone stuck a length of fishing line down the middle of the viewer (if you see what I mean).

Any one help?

Crafty 

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-15

Hi

Sorry to drag this back up but I finally got to upload the tours and heres the link:

Tour

Can anyone else see it or is it just my pc?

Cheers
Cafty

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-15
Works beautifully for me Crafty - no probs what so ever.
sales@actualeducation.co.uk
www.actualeducation.co.uk
Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-15

Hmmm interesting. On mine the line is very thin exactly down the middle vertically. If I can get a few more opinions and theyre ok I may as well leave well alone. Strange though the flash versions are fine. Over to you Rudders!!

Crafty

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-15
I have seen the line down the middle of some of my tours as well when posted in java.  I think it is a java version issue. So if you have microsofts version or sun java makes a diffrence in what it looks like. 
RTFM
www.FCEDesign.com
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-02-15

This topic has been covered before about the vertical line issue please see this search

Crafty, Your tour fails to load with I.E 7.0 and Microsoft JVM. I switched to Sun Java and could view it. I feel the file size is the problem with MS JVM.

I assume my fix for the Flash problem you had is now working?

On my computer I do not see the vertical line at all.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-15

Thanks everyone

I havent tried your flash fix yet Smooth. I restored my pc to the day before the flash update and works ok so I darent do the update again to see if your fix works just in case. Trouble is I have about 45 tours to work on and have been very busy therefore no time to try the fix properly, and I just cant afford any downtime at the moment. I am recomending my clients use java until a proper fix is out. I was hoping that EP would look into it but as yet a week after putting a ticket in - no reply.

Thanks to everyone for their time.

Crafty

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-15

Hi, Crafty

I am the author of one of the topics Smooth suggested you to search regarding this same issue. I can see the line in your tour. Since I posted the topic I could not find a solution. The best one I found was to create my tours in flash. I hope one day this will be solved and can offer tours in java again

Regards, Martin

Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-02-15
Quote: Originally posted by Crafty on February-15-2008

I havent tried your flash fix yet Smooth. I restored my pc to the day before the flash update and works ok so I darent do the update again to see if your fix works just in case. Trouble is I have about 45 tours to work on and have been very busy therefore no time to try the fix properly, and I just cant afford any downtime at the moment. I am recomending my clients use java until a proper fix is out. I was hoping that EP would look into it but as yet a week after putting a ticket in - no reply.

OK, I took urgent as urgent! Backdating your computer doesn't help when other are viewing the tours with updated Flash.

Easypano are still on holidays because of the Chinese New Year and that is why I did my best to help you with a fix. I assume you will get a ticket reply in due course after they return to work next week.

I still think the vertical line is hardware based. I don't see it on any of my 4 computers in my office.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-02-01
what jvm are you using crafty? also have you got a link so can take a look? cheers.