panorama software,virtual tour software
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-03-17
Quote: Originally posted by Kerry Rudy on March-16-2008
Smooth did you try Windows Movie Maker? I didn't mean to imply that you can make a DVD out of it, just get an AVI to drop in a program that will.

Kerry

Yes mate, read the last couple of posts of mine in this thread.

Regards, Smooth

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-03-17
Hi guys.

I have tried an other approach to making movies out of panoramas.
I tried with screen capture software like camstasia http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp
Have any of you tried this software?

It is easy to use, but I can't get the output to be satisfying. It is "sluggish". It kinda "jumps" from frame to frame.... if you knwo what I mean?

Have any of you had any luck using screen capture software`?

Best regards
Morten
p.s. here is a link to a short demo I made to illustrate the "sluggish" behavior www.wideeyes.dk/temp/test3.avi
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-03-17

Morten,

I have tried this with good results but you need a very powerful computer. You need to be able to capture at 30 FPS fullscreen glitch free to make it worthwhile.

Regards, Smooth  

Alternate Text
Send Msg:
2008-03-17

Hi Smooth

Well then my computer aparantly isn't fast enough: I am on a Pentium M 760 (2,0ghz) with 2gb ram, but that does not produce proper results.

I have been in contact with their support (Camtasia) and they recommend using a computer at atleast 2,5ghz for such a tast. Are your computer that fast? Was wondering if I might be able to pay you to do it for me.

Regards

Morten

Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve
Alternate Text
Forum Moderator
Send Msg:
2008-03-17

Morten,

I'm running a Intel Q6700 2.66Mhz Quad Core CPU with 4GB RAM and and working on some upgrades. I'm sure I could produce a high quality .avi file for you. Fact is, I have proven this to be the case. No mouse cursor either.

Regards, Smooth